Summer works timetable changes
Added: 2 December 2013
Public transport timetable changes over summer will ensure you can get where you need to go while we undertake major construction works on the Regional Rail Link and continue work to remove two level crossings in Mitcham.
During construction works, buses and coaches will ensure passengers can continue with their travel plans on sections of the Ballarat, Bendigo, Sunbury, Seymour, Albury, Shepparton and Belgrave/Lilydale train lines. Metro will also run an amended timetable across most metropolitan lines from 22 December to 26 January to accommodate the construction works.
Throughout this time, special services will continue to be provided to cater expected crowds at major events, such as New Year’s Eve, the Boxing Day Test, the Australian Open, Big Bash cricket, horse racing and A League soccer.
Key train timetable changes during December and January include:
- Sunbury line, 28 December to 19 January: a combination of shuttle train services and replacement buses will operate.
- Ballarat and Bendigo lines, 28 December to 19 January: coaches replacing all services.
- Shepparton and Seymour lines, 28 December to 2 January: a mixture of coaches and trains will operate.
- Albury line, 28 December to 19 January: a mixture of coaches and trains will operate.
- Belgrave and Lilydale lines, 3 to 24 January: buses replacing trains between Ringwood and Blackburn.
- Additional train and tram services for major events throughout December and January
- Free travel state-wide on Christmas Day
- All-night Metro trains, trams and NightRider on New Year’s Eve
- Free public transport on New Year’s Eve, from 6pm until the first normal scheduled service on New Year’s Day. V/Line customers will also have free travel on the first V/Line service departing Melbourne on New Year’s Day.
- Amended Metro timetable across most lines from 22 December to 26 January.