PTV Organisational structure
Public Transport Victoria is a Victorian Government statutory authority. We manage Victoria’s public transport network and the myki ticketing system.
We're a single point of contact for public transport service information, fares, tickets and initiatives.
We aim to improve public transport in Victoria by:
- making sure there's better coordination between trains, trams and buses
- facilitating network improvements
- auditing public transport assets
- promoting public transport as an alternative to the car.
- Victoria’s public transport network comprises train, tram, bus and coach services across metropolitan Melbourne and greater regional Victoria. Independent operators run services through contracts that we manage.
PTV sits under Transport for Victoria within the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources.
PTV comprises six divisions:
- Corporate Services
- Customer Service
- Franchise Operator Management
- Network Integrity & Project Assurance
- Network Service Delivery
- Office of the CEO
Six sub-divisions sit within Corporate Services:
- Chief Information Office
- Governance & Legal
- People & Culture
- Safety & Environment
Jeroen Weimar, CEO Public Transport Victoria
Jeroen joined Public Transport Victoria in January 2015 as Executive Director, Performance and Contract Management, leading the management of franchise agreements and operating contracts for Metro Trains, Yarra Trams, V/Line and all bus contracts across Melbourne and regional Victoria.
Jeroen also oversaw the introduction of Victoria’s successful Night Network, delivering all night public transport on weekends across the metropolitan network and key regional centres.
Prior to joining PTV, Jeroen was Chief Operating Officer, UK Bus at FirstGroup plc, where he was responsible for the operation of over 6,000 buses and 17,000 staff operating across the UK and the turnaround of 40 regional bus businesses.
Jeroen has also served as Managing Director, UK Transport for Serco Group plc, and as Chief Operating Officer, Surface Transport at Transport for London (TfL).
Jeroen was appointed Chief Executive Officer in September 2016.
Public Transport Victoria Leadership Team
- Dean Tillotson - Executive Director, Corporate Services
- Fiona Adamson - Executive Director, Customer Service
- Alan Fedda - Executive Director, Franchise Operator Management
- Mike Chadwick - Executive Director, Network Integrity & Project Assurance
- Laura Lo Bianco-Smith - Executive Director, Network Service Delivery
- Dean Purkis - Executive Director, Network Service Delivery
- Marika Harvey - Director, Office of the CEO
- Rishi Dutta - Chief Information Officer
- Fred Cilia - Chief Finance Officer
- Edward Byrden - Director, Governance & Legal
- Ken Tuke - Chief Procurement Officer
- Jacqui Campbell - Director, People & Culture
- Jocelyn Crawford - Director, Enterprise Assurance and Safety & Environment