Major disruptions on metropolitan trains
Be sure to plan ahead and allow more time for travel during major works this spring, especially if you’re travelling over the school holiday period.
To avoid delays:
- plan your journey before you travel using our Journey planner
- allow extra travel time
- consider alternatives if you can and travel outside of peak times where possible.
There'll also be a range of other smaller disruptions for essential works across the network. See Disruptions for information on all current and upcoming disruptions across Victoria.
Major disruptions in September
Please check Disruptions before you travel.
Major disruptions in October
Frankston and Stony Point lines
- From 11:30pm Saturday 21 October to last service Friday 3 November, buses replace trains between Moorabbin, Cheltenham, Frankston and Stony Point.
Major disruptions in November
Cranbourne and Pakenham lines
- From 12:30am Friday 24 November to 4am Monday 27 November, buses replace trains between Caulfield and Westall.
- From 9:30pm Friday 24 November and last service Thursday 7 December, buses replace trains between Dandenong and Pakenham.
- From 9:30pm Sunday 26 November and last service Friday 1 December, buses replace trains between Dandenong and Cranbourne.
- From 12:30am Friday 24 November to 4am Monday 27 November, buses replace trains between North Melbourne and Sunshine.
Major disruptions in December
- From 9pm Friday 1 December to last service Thursday 21 December, buses replace Hurstbridge Line trains between Heidelberg and Hurstbridge. Buses extend between Clifton Hill and Heidelberg first to last service on Sunday 3 December.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line or route and across the network by subscribing to our weekly travel update email.