Major disruptions on regional trains
Be sure to plan ahead and allow more time for your journey during major works this summer, especially if you’re travelling over the school holiday period.
To avoid delays:
- plan your journey before you travel using our Journey planner
- allow extra travel time
- consider alternatives if you can and travel outside of peak times where possible.
There are also smaller disruptions for essential works happening across the network.
See Disruptions for information on all current and upcoming disruptions across Victoria.
- From first service Saturday 9 December to last service Sunday 10 December, coaches replace trains between Waurn Ponds and Warrnambool.
- From first service Saturday 16 December to last service Sunday 17 December, coaches replace trains between Waurn Ponds and Warrnambool.
Geelong and Warrnambool lines
- From 2:30am Saturday 3 February to last service Thursday 15 February, coaches replace trains from Wydnham Vale to Geelong and Warrnambool.
Bendigo, Echuca and Swan Hill lines
- From 2am Wednesday 21 February to last service Sunday 3 March, coaches replace trains from Southern Cross to Bendigo, Echuca and Swan Hill.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line/route and across the network by subscribing to our weekly travel update email.