Major disruptions on trams
Be sure to plan ahead and allow more time for travel during major works this summer, especially if you’re travelling over the school holiday period.
To avoid delays:
- plan your journey before you travel using our Journey planner
- allow extra travel time
- consider alternatives if you can and travel outside of peak times where possible
There are also smaller disruptions for essential works happening across the network.
See Disruptions for information on all current and upcoming disruptions across Victoria.
- From Sunday 3 December to 12 December, buses replace Route 11 trams between Stop 27 Westbourne Grove and West Preston from 8pm to last tram each night.
Routes 1, 3, 5, 6, 16, 64, 67, 72, 30 & 35
- From 10pm Tuesday 2 January to 5am Thursday 11 January, no trams will run between Collins Street and Stop 3 Lincoln Square, and on La Trobe Street between Stop 5 Melbourne Central Station and St Vincent's Plaza.
Routes 1, 3, 5, 6, 16, 64, 67 & 72
- From 10pm Friday 2 February to 5am Thursday 22 February, no trams will run between Melbourne Central and Lytton Street/Lygon Street.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line or route and across the network by subscribing to our weekly travel update email.