New bus interchange Cowes Transit Centre
From Sunday 8 September, Cowes bus and coach services will use the new Cowes Transit Centre between Chapel and Church streets. Services will no longer stop at the Chapel Street/Thompson Avenue bus stop.
Three bus routes will be adjusted to use the new bus interchange at Cowes Transit Centre:
- Cowes to Fountain Gate (stopping at bay 1)
- Cowes to Melbourne (stopping at bay 3)
- Cowes to Wonthaggi (stopping at bay 4)
Other bus stops on the route will not be impacted.
The Cowes Transit Centre has been designed to better support passengers with improved accessibility and facilities, including:
- Sheltered bus bays with bench seats
- Public toilet block, including an accessible toilet and a Changing Places toilet
- Accessible parking including six disabled parking bays
- Over 100 new car parking bays
- Electric vehicle charging bay
- Bicycle storage racks
- Taxi pick up and drop off zone.
Minor timetable adjustments will also be made to the Cowes to Wonthaggi bus route, with the new timetable starting from Sunday 8 September 2019. View the new Cowes to Wonthaggi timetable and map.