New town bus network for Sale
From Monday 1 February, the new bus network will service more parts of Sale six days a week.
Two new bus routes, Route 5 and 6, will be introduced giving residents greater access to the Port of Sale and other key community destinations including schools and aged care facilities.
Buses will run longer on weekdays and Saturday service will be added for the first time. The Sale to Loch Sport via Longford service will also be improved and renamed Route 7.
Bus routes will operate as part of the new Sale town bus network:
- Route 1 Sale – Sale Hospital via Port of Sale will travel along a similar route path as the current Route 1 service.
- Route 2 Sale – Gippsland Regional Sport Complex will travel along a similar route path as the current Route 2 service and will extent to the Port of Sale, new TAFE campus, Gippsland Regional Sports Complex and Cobains Road.
- Route 3 Sale – Wurruk via Princes Highway will travel along a similar route path as the current Route 3 service and extend to the Port of Sale.
- Route 4 Sale – Sale Station via Reeve Street will travel along a similar route path as the current Route 4 service and will extend to the Port of Sale. Route 4 buses will connect with trains on the Bairnsdale line.
- Route 5 Sale – Glebe Estate via Port of Sale is a new route running from the town centre via Port of Sale and the new TAFE campus to Glebe Estate and Maffra-Sale Road.
- Route 6 Sale – Glenhaven Park via Port of Sale is a new route running from the town centre via Port of Sale and the new TAFE campus to Glenhaven Park estate servicing the Royal Freemasons Residential Aged Care facility.
- Route 7 Sale – Loch Sport via Longford (PDF) 18 KB will have a route update and timetable change to allow better connection with Sale. Services will continue to run on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays but will increase to 2 return services each day and operate on Public Holidays (excluding Christmas Day and Easter Sunday).
There will be a minor timetable change to Route Sale – Stratford to accommodate changes to the new town bus network.
Changes to the network are a result of feedback received from the community in September 2019.
Accessible timetables and Journey planner will be updated shortly. Please continue check this page for updates.