Timetable changes on the Echuca, Bendigo, Warrnambool, Geelong and Maryborough lines
From Sunday 4 December 2022, new regional timetables will be delivered on the Echuca, Bendigo, Warrnambool, Geelong and Maryborough lines.
Passengers should check their timetable before traveling.
What’s changing on the Echuca and Bendigo lines?
- Two new return weekday services will be introduced on the Echuca Line, boosting access between Southern Cross and Echuca.
- The new return services will operate during the middle of the day, giving passengers more freedom to choose when they travel between Melbourne and Echuca.
- There will be changes to which Bendigo Line services originate and terminate at Epsom Station. The same number of services will stop at Epsom Station each week but there will be changes to service timetables.
- Two new weekday services will be introduced on the Bendigo Line, operating between Bendigo and Epsom to maintain the same number of daily services stopping at Epsom Station.
What’s changing on the Warrnambool Line?
- A new return Warrnambool service will be introduced on weekdays.
- Passengers will benefit from an additional 10 new services a week and journey time savings of up to 15 minutes on weekdays.
- The Saturday and Sunday 7:40am Warrnambool to Southern Cross service will run express through Marshall and South Geelong. To service the skipped stations, a Geelong to Melbourne service will be extended to start at Waurn Ponds stopping at Marshall and South Geelong stations. The service will operate on weekends, departing Waurn Ponds at 9:58am.
- There will be minor changes to departure times and journey times on some services. Passengers should check their timetable before traveling.
- The weekday Warrnambool – Heywood and Warrnambool – Casterton Hospital coaches will depart 29 minutes earlier to align with the new train timetable.
- The Timboon – Camperdown coach will have a new timetable to align with the new train timetable.
What’s changing on the Geelong Line?
- The weekday 11:38am Waurn Ponds to Southern Cross service will now depart from Marshall at 11:49am.
- The weekday 10:10am Southern Cross to Waurn Ponds service will now finish its journey at Marshall.
- The weekend 10:19am Geelong to Southern Cross service will now depart from Waurn Ponds at 9:58am.
- The weekend Ballarat – Geelong coach will depart 3 minutes earlier from Ballarat.
- The weekend Geelong – Ballarat coach will depart 1 minutes earlier from Geelong.
What’s changing on the Maryborough Line?
- A new return Maryborough service will be introduced on Saturdays and Sundays.
- The new services will operate as a shuttle between Ballarat and Maryborough, connecting with scheduled Ballarat Line trains between Ballarat and Melbourne.