Public transport network changes

New tram timetable announced

From Sunday 20 May, 13 tram routes will have more services and new timetables:

  • Route 58 will have more services on weekends. There will also be more low-floor trams during the day on weekdays
  • Route 86 will have more services on Sundays and be synchronised with Route 96 to create a regular service along Bourke Street
  • Routes 1, 3, 5, 6, 16, 57, 58, 59, 64, 67, 72, will get more services in the times surrounding peak periods to provide more travel options during Metro Tunnel works along St Kilda Road and in Parkville
  • Routes 1, 6, 19, 57, 58 and 59 will get more services on weekday evenings to reduce crowding and provide more travel options for passengers in the north-west

For full details call 1800 800 007 or visit the tram timetable change information page.

>back to top

Bus improvements for Melbourne's eastern and south-eastern suburbs

From 20 May, we’re improving the bus timetables for bus routes 767, 701 and 631 to respond to increased traffic, make better connections to other public transport and to improve the punctuality and reliability of services.

Six additional services will be added to Route 767 Box Hill to Southland between the morning and afternoon peaks. The service frequency will increase to every 30 minutes, rather than every 40 minutes, and eleven services will be extended to run the full length of the route.

Weekend improvements will enable passengers to start the day earlier on Sundays, with the first service running an hour earlier at 8am, which adds two extra services to the Sunday timetable. There are also improvements on Saturdays with two services being extended to run the full route.

The bus will no longer travel down Keys Road in Moorabbin when travelling from Southland to Box Hill.

On Route 703 Box Hill to Blackburn via Monash University Clayton, nineteen additional services will be added on Sundays, with the bus running every 30 minutes rather than every 50 minutes.

The revised timetable for Route 631 Southland to Waverley Gardens will improve reliability as well as provide better connection to train services at Clayton Train Station.

For full details call 1800 800 007 or see:

>back to top

Extra coaches between Shepparton and Seymour

From 20 May 2018, there will be five new coach services between Shepparton and Seymour each weekday, plus three more services on Saturdays and an additional service on Sundays. The coaches will stop at Shepparton, Mooroopna, Murchison, Nagambie and Seymour and be coordinated with train services. An additional stop in Nagambie town centre will be trialled until early 2019.

The weekend morning coach service will depart at 8:10am, as this was the preferred time for most of the community members who provided feedback during consultation. More information about the consultation is available on Transport for Victoria's website.

For full details call 1800 800 007 or view the new timetable (PDF 58KB).

>back to top

Bus upgrades in Melbourne’s northern suburbs

From Sunday 17 June 2018:

  • Route 528 Craigieburn to Craigieburn South will be extended to Craigieburn Central via Elevation Boulevard
  • Route 529 Craigieburn Station to Craigieburn North will be more frequent in the morning peak
  • Route 530 Campbellfield to Coburg will be realigned in Fawkner, following community consultation in 2017
  • The timetables of these three routes plus routes 531, 532, 533, 537 and 544 will be revised to improve punctuality and coordination with trains

From Monday 18 June 2018, Mandalay Estate will get its first bus service:

  • On weekday mornings, the service will travel from Mandalay Estate to Craigieburn Station, and connect to the train to Melbourne CBD
  • On weekday evenings, the service will travel from Craigieburn Station to Mandalay, and connect with the train from Melbourne to Craigieburn Station

Check back in mid-May for the new timetables or call 1800 800 007 for more details.

>back to top

Better bus services coming to Wallan

From 30 April 2018, Wallan will have two town buses and a new shuttle service for commuters in Wallara Waters. The services will maintain connections provided by the current service, and add bus services to Springridge.

For more information, visit the Wallan town bus information page or call 1800 800 007

>back to top

Heathcote to Bendigo bus services are changing

Transport for Victoria is proposing some changes to the Heathcote and Junortoun to Bendigo bus service, to give you more trave options and a consistent timetable.

For more information and to have your say by 30 April, visit Transport for Victoria.

>back to top

Bus timetable updates for Melbourne's west

From 27 May, 17 bus routes in Melbourne’s west will get updated timetables to make services more reliable and improve connections to trains.

Route 406 will be increased to every 15 minutes in peak periods with five extra trips per weekday. Connections to trains at Ginifer Station on Route 423 will also be improved.

Timetable updates will be introduced on the following routes:

  • Route 406 Keilor East – Footscray via Avondale Heights and Maribyrnong
  • Route 407 Highpoint SC – Avondale Heights via Maribyrnong
  • Route 408 St Albans Station – Highpoint SC via Sunshine Station
  • Route 409 Yarraville to Highpoint SC via Footscray
  • Route 410 Sunshine Station – Footscray via Ballarat Road
  • Route 411 Laverton Station – Footscray via Altona Meadows, Altona, Millers Road
  • Route 412 Laverton Station – Footscray via Altona Meadows, Altona, Mills Street
  • Route 414 Laverton Station – Footscray via Geelong Road
  • Route 415 Laverton Station – Williamstown via Altona
  • Route 417 Laverton Station – Laverton North
  • Route 418 St Albans Station – Caroline Springs via Keilor Plains Station
  • Route 419 St Albans Station – Watergardens Station via Keilor Downs
  • Route 421 St Albans Station – Watergardens Station via Keilor Plains Station
  • Route 423 St Albans Station – Brimbank Central SC via Cairnlea
  • Route 424 St Albans Station – Brimbank Central SC via Albanvale
  • Route 425 St Albans Station – Watergardens Station via Delahey
  • Route 461 Watergardens Station – Caroline Springs Town Centre via Fraser Rise

Check back in mid-May for the new timetables or call 1800 800 007 for more details.

>back to top

Bus changes as works progress on Parkville Station

From 18 February 2018, bus routes 401, 402, 403, 505 and 546 will be re-routed to bypass Grattan Street between Royal Parade and Leicester Street, which will be closed for works on the new Parkville Station.

Buses travelling eastbound through Parkville will operate via Pelham Street while buses operating westbound will operate via Queensberry Street.

Find out more about the Parkville bus changes or call 1800 800 007

More information about Parkville Station is available on Metro Tunnel’s website.

>back to top

Bus upgrades as part of new Huntingdale interchange

As part of the Huntingdale Station Precinct Upgrade, a new bus interchange is being built to give passengers safer transfers.

From 18 February, bus routes 601, 630 (to Monash), 704 and 900 will stop in the new interchange and timetables will be revised accordingly. Route 630 will continue to stop on North Road/Haughton Road when travelling to Elwood.

Route 900 will also be upgraded to a 10 minute frequency in peak periods.

Route 601 will have more evening services on university days, with buses every eight minutes from around 7:15pm to 9:40pm. On non-university days, it will be upgraded to an eight minute frequency all day.

For full details call 1800 800 007 or see:

>back to top

Route 663 timetable adjustment gives students better connections

From 29 January, the Route 663 bus from Belgrave to Lilydale will depart at 3:14pm instead of 3:06pm. This will give students from a nearby school time to get to the bus after the bell rings. If you catch this bus, check your timetable because your departure time will change by around eight minutes.

No other changes are being made to Route 663.

For further details call 1800 800 007 or see Route 663 information.

>back to top

Warrnambool line and Apollo Bay coach adjustments

From 28 January, the Warrnambool line timetable will be adjusted between Waurn Ponds and Warrnambool to reflect the new speed limits and journey time, following the successful upgrade of 22 level crossings.

From 3 February, the Saturday and Sunday evening coach between Geelong and Apollo Bay will be re-routed to reflect changes to the road network. The timetable will also be adjusted to connect with the 7pm train from Melbourne.

For more information, call 1800 800 007 or see Route information:

>back to top

Public transport network changes

New tram timetable announced

From Sunday 20 May, 13 tram routes will have more services and new timetables:

  • Route 58 will have more services on weekends. There will also be more low-floor trams during the day on weekdays
  • Route 86 will have more services on Sundays and be synchronised with Route 96 to create a regular service along Bourke Street
  • Routes 1, 3, 5, 6, 16, 57, 58, 59, 64, 67, 72, will get more services in the times surrounding peak periods to provide more travel options during Metro Tunnel works along St Kilda Road and in Parkville
  • Routes 1, 6, 19, 57, 58 and 59 will get more services on weekday evenings to reduce crowding and provide more travel options for passengers in the north-west

For full details call 1800 800 007 or visit the tram timetable change information page.

>back to top

Bus improvements for Melbourne's eastern suburbs

From 20 May, we’re improving the bus timetables for bus routes 767, 701 and 631 to respond to increased traffic, make better connections to other public transport and to improve the punctuality and reliability of services.

Six additional services will be added to Route 767 Box Hill and Southland between the morning and afternoon peaks. The service frequency will increase to every 30 minutes, rather than every 40 minutes, and eleven services will be extended to run the full length of the route.

Weekend improvements will enable passengers to start the day earlier on Sundays, with the first service running an hour earlier at 8am, which adds two extra services to the Sunday timetable. There are also improvements on Saturdays with two services being extended to run the full route.

The bus will no longer travel down Keys Road in Moorabbin when travelling from Southland to Box Hill.

On Route 703 Box Hill to Blackburn via Monash University Clayton, nineteen additional services will be added on Sundays, with the bus running every 30 minutes rather than every 50 minutes.

The revised timetable for Route 631 Southland to Waverley Gardens will improve reliability as well as provide better connection to train services at Clayton Train Station.

For full details call 1800 800 007 or see:

>back to top

Extra coaches between Shepparton and Seymour

From 20 May 2018, there will be five new coach services between Shepparton and Seymour each weekday, plus three more services on Saturdays and an additional service on Sundays. The coaches will stop at Shepparton, Mooroopna, Murchison, Nagambie and Seymour and be coordinated with train services. An additional stop in Nagambie town centre will be trialled until early 2019.

The weekend morning coach service will depart at 8:10am, as this was the preferred time for most of the community members who provided feedback during consultation. More information about the consultation is available on Transport for Victoria's website.

For full details call 1800 800 007 or view the new timetable (PDF 58KB).

>back to top

Bus upgrades in Melbourne’s northern suburbs

From Sunday 17 June 2018:

  • Route 528 Craigieburn to Craigieburn South will be extended to Craigieburn Central via Elevation Boulevard
  • Route 529 Craigieburn Station to Craigieburn North will be more frequent in the morning peak
  • Route 530 Campbellfield to Coburg will be realigned in Fawkner, following community consultation in 2017
  • The timetables of these three routes plus routes 531, 532, 533, 537 and 544 will be revised to improve punctuality and coordination with trains

From Monday 18 June 2018, Mandalay Estate will get its first bus service:

  • On weekday mornings, the service will travel from Mandalay Estate to Craigieburn Station, and connect to the train to Melbourne CBD
  • On weekday evenings, the service will travel from Craigieburn Station to Mandalay, and connect with the train from Melbourne to Craigieburn Station

Check back in mid-May for the new timetables or call 1800 800 007 for more details.

>back to top

Better bus services coming to Wallan

From 30 April 2018, Wallan will have two town buses and a new shuttle service for commuters in Wallara Waters. The services will maintain connections provided by the current service, and add bus services to Springridge.

For more information, visit the Wallan town bus information page or call 1800 800 007

>back to top

Heathcote to Bendigo bus services are changing

Transport for Victoria is proposing some changes to the Heathcote and Junortoun to Bendigo bus service, to give you more trave options and a consistent timetable.

For more information and to have your say by 30 April, visit Transport for Victoria.

>back to top

Bus timetable updates for Melbourne's west

From 27 May, 17 bus routes in Melbourne’s west will get updated timetables to make services more reliable and improve connections to trains.

Route 406 will also be increased to every 15 minutes in peak periods with five extra trips per weekday. Connections to trains at Ginifer Station on Route 423 will also be improved.

Timetable updates will be introduced on the following routes:

  • Route 406 Keilor East – Footscray via Avondale Heights and Maribyrnong
  • Route 407 Highpoint SC – Avondale Heights via Maribyrnong
  • Route 408 St Albans Station – Highpoint SC via Sunshine Station
  • Route 409 Yarraville to Highpoint SC via Footscray
  • Route 410 Sunshine Station – Footscray via Ballarat Road
  • Route 411 Laverton Station – Footscray via Altona Meadows, Altona, Millers Road
  • Route 412 Laverton Station – Footscray via Altona Meadows, Altona, Mills Street
  • Route 414 Laverton Station – Footscray via Geelong Road
  • Route 415 Laverton Station – Williamstown via Altona
  • Route 417 Laverton Station – Laverton North
  • Route 418 St Albans Station – Caroline Springs via Keilor Plains Station
  • Route 419 St Albans Station – Watergardens Station via Keilor Downs
  • Route 421 St Albans Station – Watergardens Station via Keilor Plains Station
  • Route 423 St Albans Station – Brimbank Central SC via Cairnlea
  • Route 424 St Albans Station – Brimbank Central SC via Albanvale
  • Route 425 St Albans Station – Watergardens Station via Delahey
  • Route 461 Watergardens Station – Caroline Springs Town Centre via Fraser Rise

Check back in mid-May for the new timetables or call 1800 800 007 for more details.

>back to top

Bus changes as works progress on Parkville Station

From 18 February 2018, bus routes 401, 402, 403, 505 and 546 will be re-routed to bypass Grattan Street between Royal Parade and Leicester Street, which will be closed for works on the new Parkville Station.

Buses travelling eastbound through Parkville will operate via Pelham Street while buses operating westbound will operate via Queensberry Street.

Find out more about the Parkville bus changes or call 1800 800 007

More information about Parkville Station is available on Metro Tunnel’s website.

>back to top

Bus upgrades as part of new Huntingdale interchange

As part of the Huntingdale Station Precinct Upgrade, a new bus interchange is being built to give passengers safer transfers.

From 18 February, bus routes 601, 630 (to Monash), 704 and 900 will stop in the new interchange and timetables will be revised accordingly. Route 630 will continue to stop on North Road/Haughton Road when travelling to Elwood.

Route 900 will also be upgraded to a 10 minute frequency in peak periods.

Route 601 will have more evening services on university days, with buses every eight minutes from around 7:15pm to 9:40pm. On non-university days, it will be upgraded to an eight minute frequency all day.

For full details call 1800 800 007 or see:

>back to top

Route 663 timetable adjustment gives students better connections

From 29 January, the Route 663 bus from Belgrave to Lilydale will depart at 3:14pm instead of 3:06pm. This will give students from a nearby school time to get to the bus after the bell rings. If you catch this bus, check your timetable because your departure time will change by around eight minutes.

No other changes are being made to Route 663.

For further details call 1800 800 007 or see Route 663 information.

>back to top

Warrnambool line and Apollo Bay coach adjustments

From 28 January, the Warrnambool line timetable will be adjusted between Waurn Ponds and Warrnambool to reflect the new speed limits and journey time, following the successful upgrade of 22 level crossings.

From 3 February, the Saturday and Sunday evening coach between Geelong and Apollo Bay will be re-routed to reflect changes to the road network. The timetable will also be adjusted to connect with the 7pm train from Melbourne.

For more information, call 1800 800 007 or see Route information:

>back to top