Bendigo bus upgrades
From Sunday 23 September 2018, buses in the Bendigo region will be upgraded, including:
*Based on community feedback, the first bus on weekday mornings from Heathcote to Bendigo will depart at 7:40am, not 7:30am as originally advertised. It will arrive at Bendigo Station at 8:39am.
Weekend bus services for Gisborne
From Sunday 14 October 2018, nine extra services will be added to Route 473 on both Saturdays and Sundays, to better connect you to Gisborne town centre and the train station. The route is a fixed-service so you do not need to book in advance.
To order a printed timetable or for more information, call 1800 800 007.
More coaches to Apollo Bay, Horsham, Ouyen, Wangaratta and Albury/Wodonga
From Sunday 30 September, we’re adding 44 regional coach services across the network, including:
- Weekend coaches between Geelong, Lorne and Apollo Bay
- Weekday services between Seymour and Wangaratta
- Weekday services between Seymour and Albury/Wodonga
- Weekday services between Ararat and Dimboola via Horsham
- Friday services between Ararat and Ouyen
More peak services for Routes 235 and 237
From Sunday 7 October 2018, passengers travelling to and from Fishermans Bend will benefit from a 40 per cent increase in peak period services.
Route 235 City to Fishermans Bend via Williams Road buses will run every 9 minutes to Fishermans Bend in the morning peak and every 10 minutes in the afternoon peak connecting passengers back to the CBD.
Route 237 City to Fishmans Bend via Lorimer Street will have buses every 8 minutes to Fishermans Bend in the morning peak and 10 minutes in the afternoon peak for passengers returning to the CBD.
Follow the links above to get your new timetables online. For further information or to request a printed timetable, call 1800 800 007.
Extra services on Routes 905, 906, 907 and 309
From Sunday 7 October 2018, 17 extra peak services will be added across the Doncaster Area Rapid Transit (DART) bus services, including:
- Route 905 City to Pines Shopping Centre via Templestowe – two additional morning and two additional afternoon peak trips
- Route 906 City to Warrandyte – two additional morning and two additional afternoon peak trips
- Route 907 City to Mitcham – four additional morning and four additional afternoon peak trips
- Route 309 City to Donvale – one additional morning peak trip
Minor timetable adjustments will also be made to:
- Route 305 City to The Pines Shopping Centre via Eastern Freeway
- Route 908 City to the Pines via Eastern Freeway
Follow the links above to get your new timetables online. For further information or to request a printed timetable, call 1800 800 007.
Better connection for Camperdown to Timboon bus
From Thursday 20 September 2018, the 6:58am service from Camperdown to Timboon will depart 12 minutes later at 7:10am and arrive at Timboon at 8:08am. This will give passengers more time to transfer from the V/Line service that arrives at Camperdown Station at 6:55am (departs Warrnambool Station 6:06am). The new timetable is available online and in the PTV app.
For further information or to request a printed timetable, call 1800 800 007.
Routes 216, 219 and 220 changing around St Kilda Road
Plenty Valley buses will connect you to your new stations
The Plenty Valley bus network will be adjusted to connect to the three new stations at Mernda, Hawkstowe and Middle Gorge.
The revised bus services will give you convenient access to train stations as well as schools and key community destinations such as shopping centres.
The following routes will be updated (click the links to view your new timetable):
- 381 Mernda Station to Diamond Creek Station via Doreen will terminate at Mernda Station (instead of South Morang)
- 382 to Whittlesea to Northland SC via South Morang Station will connect to Mernda Station
- 383 Palisades to University Hill will connect to Middle Gorge Station
- 384 Kinglake to Whittlesea via Humevale will have a new timetable with an additional trip to Kinglake after 5pm weekdays
- 385 Whittlesea/Mernda Station to Greensborough will continue to have Greensborough Station as its main connection, and also go to Mernda Station
- 386 Mernda Station to Bundoora RMIT via South Morang will travel along Galloway Drive to Mernda Village Shopping Centre, then run via Mernda Village Drive and Plenty Road to Mernda Station
- 387 Mernda Station to Bundoora RMIT via Hawkstowe Parade and South Morang will be re-routed to connect to trains at Mernda Station.
We’re also adding a new loop service around Mernda and Doreen, linking Laurimar Town Centre, Mernda Village Shopping Centre and Mernda Station. Click the links below to view your new timetable:
These changes will start from Sunday 26 August 2018, when the new stations at Mernda, Hawkstowe and Middle Gorge will open.
New stations, new metropolitan train timetable
On Sunday 26 August 2018, the new train stations at Mernda, Hawkstowe and Middle Gorge will open.
This means the South Morang line will become the Mernda line and get a new and improved timetable.
The Hurstbridge, Werribee, Cranbourne and Pakenham lines will also have new timetables.
Timetable updates for Warrnambool, Geelong, Bairnsdale and Traralgon trains
Bus timetable changes to keep you connected to trains
From Sunday 26 August, a number of bus timetables will change to keep them connected with new train timetables on the Werribee, Hurstbridge, Cranbourne, Pakenham and South Morang/Mernda lines.
There’ll be new timetables on the following bus routes:
- 150 Williams Landing Station to Tarneit Station via Sayers Road
- 151 Williams Landing Station to Tarneit Station via Westmeadows Lane
- 153 Williams Landing Station to Werribee Station via Princes Highway
- 160 Hoppers Crossing Station to Tarneit Station via Morris Road
- 161 Hoppers Crossing Station to Werribee Station via Werribee Plaza shopping centre
- 166 Hoppers Crossing Station to Wyndham Vale Station via Werribee Plaza shopping centre
- 167 Hoppers Crossing Station to Tarneit Station via Werribee Plaza shopping centre
- 170 Werribee Station to Tarneit Station via Werribee Plaza shopping centre
- 180 Werribee Station to Tarneit Station via Tarneit Road
- 181 Werribee Station to Hoppers Crossing Station via Werribee Plaza shopping centre
- 190 Werribee Station to Wyndham Vale Station via Ballan Road
- 191 Werribee Station to Manor Lakes via Greaves Street
- 192 Werribee Station to Wyndham Vale Station via Black Forest Road
- 301 Reservoir Station to La Trobe University (Bundoora Campus)
- 356 Epping Station to Wollert East via Hayston Boulevard
- 357 Wollert West to Thomastown Station via Epping Station
- 358 Epping Station to Wollert via Epping Plaza shopping centre
- 411 Laverton Station to Footscray via Altona Meadows, Altona, Millers Road
- 412 Laverton Station to Footscray via Altona Meadows, Altona, Mills Street
- 414 Laverton Station to Footscray via Geelong Road
- 415 Laverton Station to Williamstown via Altona
- 417 Laverton Station to Laverton Station via Laverton North
- 441 Werribee Station to Westleigh Gardens via Geelong Road
- 494 Williams Landing Station to Point Cook South via Alamanda Boulevard
- 495 Williams Landing Station to Point Cook South via Boardwalk Boulevard
- 496 Laverton Station to Sanctuary Lakes via Sanctuary Lakes shopping centre
- 497 Williams Landing Station to Saltwater Coast Estate via Sanctuary Lakes shopping centre
- 498 Laverton Station to Hoppers Crossing Station via Dunnings Road
- 504 Moonee Ponds to Clifton Hill via East Brunswick
- 508 Alphington to Moonee Ponds via Northcote and Brunswick
- 517 Northland to St Helena via Viewbank, Greensborough
- 518 Greensborough to St Helena West via St Helena
- 527 Gowrie to Northland via Murray Road
- 546 Heidelberg Station to Melbourne Uni to Queen Victoria Market via Clifton Hill and Carlton
- 548 Kew (Cotham Road) to La Trobe University Bundoora
- 549 Ivanhoe to Northland via Oriel Road
- 551 Heidelberg to La Trobe University Interchange
- 552 North East Reservoir to Northcote Plaza via High Street
- 553 Preston to West Preston via Reservoir
- 554 Thomastown via West Lalor (clockwise loop)
- 555 Epping to Northland via Lalor, Thomastown, Reservoir
- 556 Epping Plaza shopping centre to Northland shopping centre via Keon Park
- 557 Thomastown via West Lalor (anti clockwise loop)
- 558 Reservoir via North West Reservoir
- 559 Thomastown via Darebin Drive
- 561 Macleod to Pascoe Vale via La Trobe University
- 564 Bundoora RMIT to South Morang
- 566 Lalor to Northland via Plenty Road, Childs Road, Grimshaw Road
- 567 Northcote to Regent via Northland
- 569 Epping Plaza shopping centre to South Morang
- 570 Thomastown to RMIT Bundoora
- 577 Epping Plaza shopping centre to South Morang Station via Findon Road
- 701 Oakleigh to Bentleigh via Mackie Road, Brady Road
- 709 Mordialloc to Noble Park Station via Keysborough South
- 767 Southland to Box Hill via Chadstone, Jordanville, Deakin University
- 798 Cranbourne Park shopping centre to Selandra Rise
- 799 Merinda Park Station to The Avenue Village shopping centre
- 813 Dandenong to Waverley Gardens shopping centre
- 822 Chadstone to Sandringham via Murrumbeena and Southland
- 828 Hampton to Berwick Station via Southland shopping centre, Dandenong
- 831 Berwick Station to Kingsmere Estate via Casey Hospital
- 834 Berwick Station to Narre Warren Circle via Berwick North, Narre Warren South
- 835 Berwick Station to Narre Warren Circle via Narre Warren South, Berwick North
- 836 Berwick Station to Eden Rise shopping centre via Bridgewater Estate
- 837 Berwick Station to Beaconsfield East via Brisbane Street, Beaconsfield Plaza shopping centre
- 839 Berwick Station to Berwick North via Telford Drive, Whistler Drive
- 841 Narre Warren North to Cranbourne via Narre Warren, Cranbourne North
- 845 Dandenong to Mossgiel Park via John Fawkner Drive
- 846 Berwick Station to Eden Rise shopping centre via Bryn Mawr Boulevard
- 847 Berwick Station to The Avenue Village shopping centre
- 849 Dandenong to Mossgiel Park via Gleneagles Drive
- 862 Dandenong to Chadstone via North Dandenong, Oakleigh
- 863 Endeavour Hills shopping centre to Hampton Park shopping centre via Hallam Station
- 890 Dandenong Station to Lynbrook Station
- 891 Fountain Gate shopping centre to Lynbrook Station via Hallam Station
- 892 Casey Central shopping centre Dandenong Station via Hampton Park shopping centre
- 893 Cranbourne Park shopping centre to Dandenong Station
- 894 Amberly Park to Hallam via Hampton Park
- 895 Narre Warren South to Fountain Gate shopping centre via Narre Warren Station
- 897 Clyde to Lynbrook Station
- 898 Cranbourne East to Cranbourne Station via Cranbourne Park shopping centre
- 899 The Avenue Village shopping centre to Berwick Station
- 900 Stud Park SC (Rowville) to Caulfield via Monash University, Chadstone (SMARTBUS Service)
- 925 Pakenham Station to Lakeside via The Avenue
- 926 Pakenham Station to Fountain Gate Shopping Centre via Lakeside, Beaconsfield
- 928 Pakenham Station to Cardinia Road Station
- 929 Pakenham Station to Pakenham North via Army Road, Windermere Boulevard
For more information, call 1800 800 007.
Route 541 extension to Mount Ridley Road
Route 541 will be extended from its current terminus at Roxburgh Park to Mount Ridley Road in Craigieburn, providing bus access to key community locations including Hume Global Learning Centre and Library and Craigieburn Central Shopping Centre.
As part of these changes, trips at school bell times will stop at Hume Anglican Grammar and Kolbe Catholic College (on Lysterfield Drive). Access to Mount Ridley P-12 College will also be improved with all trips stopping near the school on Aitken Boulevard.
Changes to Routes 423 and 424 weekday morning timetables
From Monday 16 July 2018 the timetable for Route 423 St Albans Station - Brimbank Central SC services to St Albans will permanently change:
- a new service will depart Brimbank shopping centre at 8:16am
- the current 8:56am service from Brimbank shopping centre will leave at 8:36am.
A copy of the new timetable is available on the Route 423 information page.
This change will also impact Route 424 St Albans Station - Brimbank Central SC via Albanvale, with the 8:25am weekday trip from St Albans to Brimbank departing three minutes earlier at 8:22am.
For more information call 1800 800 007.
Route 767 timetable adjustment
From Monday 16 July 2018, Route 767 - Southland - Box Hill via Chadstone, Jordanville, Deakin University will have a minor timetable change in the afternoon. The 2:19pm service from Box Hill bus station will depart seven minutes later at 2:26pm. This means it will arrive at St James Catholic College at 3:26pm so students can catch this service after school.
Boosting coach services in the Wimmera
From 30 September 2018, there will be more V/Line coach services in the Wimmera.
On weekdays, there will be two extra coaches from Horsham to Ararat Station, departing from Roberts Avenue in Horsham town centre and stopping at Dadwells Bridge, Stawell and Great Western, then Ararat Station where they will connect with trains to Ballarat and Melbourne.
On weekday afternoons, an extra coach will connect Ararat Station to Dimboola, stopping via Great Western, Stawell Station, Dadwells Bridge, Horsham town centre and Pimpinio.
On Friday nights, there will be a coach service from Ararat to Ouyen, stopping at Great Western, Stawell, Glenorchy, Rupanyup, Minyip, Sheep Hills turn off, Warracknabeal, Brim, Galaquil, Beulah, Rosebery, Hopetoun, Lascelles, Turriff, Speed, Tempy and finishing at Ouyen Community Park.
Full details will be available from late August. For more information, call 1800 800 007.
Route 468 timetable adjustment
From Sunday 01 July 2018, Route 468 Essendon to Highpoint Shopping Centre will arrive around five minutes earlier at these five stops, when travelling towards Essendon Station:
- Holmes Road/Waverley Street (Moonee Ponds)
- Corio Street/Waverley Street (Moonee Ponds)
- Park Street/Waverley Street (Moonee Ponds)
- Alma Street/Waverley Street (Essendon)
- Lincoln Road/Buckley Street (Essendon)
- Daisy Street/Buckley Street (Essendon)
Services travelling to Highpoint Shopping Centre will not be impacted.
Bus timetable updates in Melbourne's east
From Sunday 24 June, six bus routes in Melbourne's east will have new timetables to better reflect current traffic conditions and give you more reliable information to plan your journey.
These routes will have new timetables:
- Route 612 Box Hill to Chadstone via Surrey Hills, Camberwell, Glen Iris
- Route 623 Glen Waverly to St Kilda via Mount Waverly, Chadstone, Carnegie
- Route 624 Kew to Oakleigh via Caufield, Carnegie or Darling, and Chadstone
- Route 625 Elsternwick to Chadstone via Ormond, Oakleigh
- Route 626 Middle Brighton to Chadstone via McKinnon, Carnegie
- Route 630 Elwood to Monash University via Gardenvale, Ormond and Huntingdale (trips to Elwood only)
Route 630 trips to Elwood will stop inside Huntingdale Station interchange in Bay C, instead of near it on Haughton Road. To accommodate this, Route 704 East Clayton to Oakleigh via Clayton, Huntingdale trips to East Clayton will use Bay D instead of Bay C.
These routes connect to trains at Glen Iris, Mount Waverly, Oakleigh, Ormond and McKinnon stations.
For further details, call 1800 800 007.
Cranbourne bus network upgrades
- Route 792 Cranbourne Station to Botanic Ridge and Pearcedale will be more frequent for Pearcedale residents, arriving every 45 minutes instead of every two hours during the day.
- Route 893 Cranbourne Park Shopping Centre to Dandenong Station southbound services towards Cranbourne will stop closer to Lynbrook Village Shopping Centre.
- Route 897 Clyde to Lynbrook Station will be extended further along Pattersons Road to the corner of Tuckers Road, to improve public transport access in Clyde.
These changes are informed by feedback received during community consultation held in late 2017. Community feedback is summarised in the conversation summary:
- Download the Cranbourne bus network review conversation summary (PDF)
- Download the Cranbourne bus network review conversation summary accessible version (DOCX)
For more details, call 1800 800 007.
Improving bus services in the Yarra Ranges
East Warburton residents will have access to public transport on Sundays for the first time as two return bus serviceswill be extendedto East Warburton on Sundays. The change gives people more choices to leave the car at home and catch public transport to Lilydale Station and Chirnside Park Shopping Centre.
An extra evening service from Chirnside Park will be added from Monday to Thursday, bringing the full weekday timetable in line with Friday services, making the timetable more consistent.
The updated timetable responds to increased traffic and will improve the punctuality of services and help passengers to better connect to train services at Lilydale Station.
The changes will start from 17 June 2018.
For full details call 1800 800 007 or check your new timetable
Bus upgrades in Melbourne's northern suburbs
- Route 528 Craigieburn to Craigieburn South will be extended to Craigieburn Central via Elevation Boulevard
- Route 529 Craigieburn Station to Craigieburn North will be more frequent in the morning peak
- Route 530 Campbellfield to Coburg will be realigned in Fawkner, following community consultation in 2017
- The timetables of these three routes plus routes 531, 532, 533, 537 and 544 will be revised to improve punctuality and coordination with trains
From Monday 18 June 2018, Mandalay Estate will get its first bus service, Route 511 Craigieburn Station to Mandalay Circuit:
- On weekday mornings, the service will travel from Mandalay Estate to Craigieburn Station, and connect to the train to Melbourne CBD
- On weekday evenings, the service will travel from Craigieburn Station to Mandalay, and connect with the train from Melbourne to Craigieburn Station
For further details call 1800 800 007.
Bus timetable updates for Melbourne's west
Route 406 will be increased to every 15 minutes in peak periods with five extra trips per weekday. Connections to trains at Ginifer Station on Route 423 will also be improved.
For full details call 1800 800 007 or check your new timetable:
- Route 406 Keilor East – Footscray via Avondale Heights and Maribyrnong
- Route 407 Highpoint SC – Avondale Heights via Maribyrnong
- Route 408 St Albans Station – Highpoint SC via Sunshine Station
- Route 409 Yarraville to Highpoint SC via Footscray
- Route 410 Sunshine Station – Footscray via Ballarat Road
- Route 411 Laverton Station – Footscray via Altona Meadows, Altona, Millers Road
- Route 412 Laverton Station – Footscray via Altona Meadows, Altona, Mills Street
- Route 414 Laverton Station – Footscray via Geelong Road
- Route 415 Laverton Station – Williamstown via Altona
- Route 417 Laverton Station – Laverton North
- Route 418 St Albans Station – Caroline Springs via Keilor Plains Station
- Route 419 St Albans Station – Watergardens Station via Keilor Downs
- Route 421 St Albans Station – Watergardens Station via Keilor Plains Station
- Route 423 St Albans Station – Brimbank Central SC via Cairnlea
- Route 424 St Albans Station – Brimbank Central SC via Albanvale
- Route 425 St Albans Station – Watergardens Station via Delahey
- Route 461 Watergardens Station – Caroline Springs Town Centre via Fraser Rise
Better reliability when travelling Sunshine and Laverton
Buses on the Route will also begin servicing Ravenhall Correction Centre, with the introduction of a new stop within the Centre, which all full-length services will stop at.
For full details call 1800 800 007 or see:
New tram timetable announced
- Route 58 will have more services on weekends. There will also be more low-floor trams during the day on weekdays
- Route 86 will have more services on Sundays and be synchronised with Route 96 to create a regular service along Bourke Street
- Routes 1, 3, 5, 6, 16, 57, 58, 59, 64, 67, 72, will get more services in the times surrounding peak periods to provide more travel options during Metro Tunnel works along St Kilda Road and in Parkville
- Routes 1, 6, 19, 57, 58 and 59 will get more services on weekday evenings to reduce crowding and provide more travel options for passengers in the north-west
Bus improvements for Melbourne's eastern suburbs
From 20 May, we’re improving the bus timetables for bus routes 767, 703 and 631 to respond to increased traffic, make better connections to other public transport and to improve the punctuality and reliability of services.
Four additional services will be added to Route 767 Box Hill to Southland between the morning and afternoon peaks. The service frequency will increase to every 30 minutes, rather than every 40 minutes, and ten weekday services will be extended to run the full length of the route.
Weekend improvements will enable passengers to start the day earlier on Sundays, with the first service running an hour earlier at 8.05am, which adds two extra services to the Sunday timetable. There are also improvements on Saturdays with two services being extended to run the full route.
The bus will no longer travel down Keys Road in Moorabbin when travelling from Southland to Box Hill.
For full details call 1800 800 007 or see:
Extra coaches between Shepparton and Seymour
From 20 May 2018, there will be five new coach services between Shepparton and Seymour each weekday, plus three more services on Saturdays and an additional service on Sundays. The coaches will stop at Shepparton, Mooroopna, Murchison, Nagambie and Seymour and be coordinated with train services. An additional stop in Nagambie town centre will be trialled until early 2019.
The weekend morning coach service will depart at 8:10am, as this was the preferred time for most of the community members who provided feedback during consultation. More information about the consultation is available on Transport for Victoria's website.
Better bus services coming to Wallan
From 30 April 2018, Wallan will have two town buses and a new shuttle service for commuters in Wallara Waters. The services will maintain connections provided by the current service, and add bus services to Springridge.
Better bus stops at Clayton and Noble Park Stations
Upgrades to bus services around Clayton and Noble Park Stations will be made following the level crossing removals and station upgrades.
The changes will start on Sunday 14 October 2018.