Changes to Routes 423 and 424 weekday morning timetables
From Monday 16 July 2018 the timetable for Route 423 St Albans Station - Brimbank Central SC services to St Albans will permanently change:
- a new service will depart Brimbank shopping centre at 8:16am
- the current 8:56am service from Brimbank shopping centre will leave at 8:36am.
A copy of the new timetable is available on the Route 423 information page.
This change will also impact Route 424 St Albans Station - Brimbank Central SC via Albanvale, with the 8:25am weekday trip from St Albans to Brimbank departing three minutes earlier at 8:22am.
For more information call 1800 800 007.
Route 767 timetable adjustment
From Monday 16 July 2018, Route 767 - Southland - Box Hill via Chadstone, Jordanville, Deakin University will have a minor timetable change in the afternoon. The 2:19pm service from Box Hill bus station will depart seven minutes later at 2:26pm. This means it will arrive at St James Catholic College at 3:26pm so students can catch this service after school.
Boosting coach services in the Wimmera
From 30 September 2018, there will be more V/Line coach services in the Wimmera.
On weekdays, there will be two extra coaches from Horsham to Ararat Station, departing from Roberts Avenue in Horsham town centre and stopping at Dadwells Bridge, Stawell and Great Western, then Ararat Station where they will connect with trains to Ballarat and Melbourne.
On weekday afternoons, an extra coach will connect Ararat Station to Dimboola, stopping via Great Western, Stawell Station, Dadwells Bridge, Horsham town centre and Pimpinio.
On Friday nights, there will be a coach service from Ararat to Ouyen, stopping at Great Western, Stawell, Glenorchy, Rupanyup, Minyip, Sheep Hills turn off, Warracknabeal, Brim, Galaquil, Beulah, Rosebery, Hopetoun, Lascelles, Turriff, Speed, Tempy and finishing at Ouyen Community Park.
Full details will be available from late August. For more information, call 1800 800 007.
Route 468 timetable adjustment
From Sunday 01 July 2018, Route 468 Essendon to Highpoint Shopping Centre will arrive around five minutes earlier at these five stops, when travelling towards Essendon Station:
- Holmes Road/Waverley Street (Moonee Ponds)
- Corio Street/Waverley Street (Moonee Ponds)
- Park Street/Waverley Street (Moonee Ponds)
- Alma Street/Waverley Street (Essendon)
- Lincoln Road/Buckley Street (Essendon)
- Daisy Street/Buckley Street (Essendon)
Services travelling to Highpoint Shopping Centre will not be impacted.
Bus timetable updates in Melbourne's east
From Sunday 24 June, six bus routes in Melbourne's east will have new timetables to better reflect current traffic conditions and give you more reliable information to plan your journey.
These routes will have new timetables:
- Route 612 Box Hill to Chadstone via Surrey Hills, Camberwell, Glen Iris
- Route 623 Glen Waverly to St Kilda via Mount Waverly, Chadstone, Carnegie
- Route 624 Kew to Oakleigh via Caufield, Carnegie or Darling, and Chadstone
- Route 625 Elsternwick to Chadstone via Ormond, Oakleigh
- Route 626 Middle Brighton to Chadstone via McKinnon, Carnegie
- Route 630 Elwood to Monash University via Gardenvale, Ormond and Huntingdale (trips to Elwood only)
Route 630 trips to Elwood will stop inside Huntingdale Station interchange in Bay C, instead of near it on Haughton Road. To accommodate this, Route 704 East Clayton to Oakleigh via Clayton, Huntingdale trips to East Clayton will use Bay D instead of Bay C.
These routes connect to trains at Glen Iris, Mount Waverly, Oakleigh, Ormond and McKinnon stations.
For further details, call 1800 800 007.
Cranbourne bus network upgrades
- Route 792 Cranbourne Station to Botanic Ridge and Pearcedale will be more frequent for Pearcedale residents, arriving every 45 minutes instead of every two hours during the day.
- Route 893 Cranbourne Park Shopping Centre to Dandenong Station southbound services towards Cranbourne will stop closer to Lynbrook Village Shopping Centre.
- Route 897 Clyde to Lynbrook Station will be extended further along Pattersons Road to the corner of Tuckers Road, to improve public transport access in Clyde.
These changes are informed by feedback received during community consultation held in late 2017. Community feedback is summarised in the conversation summary:
- Download the Cranbourne bus network review conversation summary (PDF)
- Download the Cranbourne bus network review conversation summary accessible version (DOCX)
For more details, call 1800 800 007.
Improving bus services in the Yarra Ranges
East Warburton residents will have access to public transport on Sundays for the first time as two return bus serviceswill be extendedto East Warburton on Sundays. The change gives people more choices to leave the car at home and catch public transport to Lilydale Station and Chirnside Park Shopping Centre.
An extra evening service from Chirnside Park will be added from Monday to Thursday, bringing the full weekday timetable in line with Friday services, making the timetable more consistent.
The updated timetable responds to increased traffic and will improve the punctuality of services and help passengers to better connect to train services at Lilydale Station.
The changes will start from 17 June 2018.
For full details call 1800 800 007 or check your new timetable
Bus upgrades in Melbourne's northern suburbs
- Route 528 Craigieburn to Craigieburn South will be extended to Craigieburn Central via Elevation Boulevard
- Route 529 Craigieburn Station to Craigieburn North will be more frequent in the morning peak
- Route 530 Campbellfield to Coburg will be realigned in Fawkner, following community consultation in 2017
- The timetables of these three routes plus routes 531, 532, 533, 537 and 544 will be revised to improve punctuality and coordination with trains
From Monday 18 June 2018, Mandalay Estate will get its first bus service, Route 511 Craigieburn Station to Mandalay Circuit:
- On weekday mornings, the service will travel from Mandalay Estate to Craigieburn Station, and connect to the train to Melbourne CBD
- On weekday evenings, the service will travel from Craigieburn Station to Mandalay, and connect with the train from Melbourne to Craigieburn Station
For further details call 1800 800 007.
Bus timetable updates for Melbourne's west
Route 406 will be increased to every 15 minutes in peak periods with five extra trips per weekday. Connections to trains at Ginifer Station on Route 423 will also be improved.
For full details call 1800 800 007 or check your new timetable:
- Route 406 Keilor East – Footscray via Avondale Heights and Maribyrnong
- Route 407 Highpoint SC – Avondale Heights via Maribyrnong
- Route 408 St Albans Station – Highpoint SC via Sunshine Station
- Route 409 Yarraville to Highpoint SC via Footscray
- Route 410 Sunshine Station – Footscray via Ballarat Road
- Route 411 Laverton Station – Footscray via Altona Meadows, Altona, Millers Road
- Route 412 Laverton Station – Footscray via Altona Meadows, Altona, Mills Street
- Route 414 Laverton Station – Footscray via Geelong Road
- Route 415 Laverton Station – Williamstown via Altona
- Route 417 Laverton Station – Laverton North
- Route 418 St Albans Station – Caroline Springs via Keilor Plains Station
- Route 419 St Albans Station – Watergardens Station via Keilor Downs
- Route 421 St Albans Station – Watergardens Station via Keilor Plains Station
- Route 423 St Albans Station – Brimbank Central SC via Cairnlea
- Route 424 St Albans Station – Brimbank Central SC via Albanvale
- Route 425 St Albans Station – Watergardens Station via Delahey
- Route 461 Watergardens Station – Caroline Springs Town Centre via Fraser Rise
Better reliability when travelling Sunshine and Laverton
Buses on the Route will also begin servicing Ravenhall Correction Centre, with the introduction of a new stop within the Centre, which all full-length services will stop at.
For full details call 1800 800 007 or see:
New tram timetable announced
- Route 58 will have more services on weekends. There will also be more low-floor trams during the day on weekdays
- Route 86 will have more services on Sundays and be synchronised with Route 96 to create a regular service along Bourke Street
- Routes 1, 3, 5, 6, 16, 57, 58, 59, 64, 67, 72, will get more services in the times surrounding peak periods to provide more travel options during Metro Tunnel works along St Kilda Road and in Parkville
- Routes 1, 6, 19, 57, 58 and 59 will get more services on weekday evenings to reduce crowding and provide more travel options for passengers in the north-west
Bus improvements for Melbourne's eastern suburbs
From 20 May, we’re improving the bus timetables for bus routes 767, 703 and 631 to respond to increased traffic, make better connections to other public transport and to improve the punctuality and reliability of services.
Four additional services will be added to Route 767 Box Hill to Southland between the morning and afternoon peaks. The service frequency will increase to every 30 minutes, rather than every 40 minutes, and ten weekday services will be extended to run the full length of the route.
Weekend improvements will enable passengers to start the day earlier on Sundays, with the first service running an hour earlier at 8.05am, which adds two extra services to the Sunday timetable. There are also improvements on Saturdays with two services being extended to run the full route.
The bus will no longer travel down Keys Road in Moorabbin when travelling from Southland to Box Hill.
For full details call 1800 800 007 or see:
Extra coaches between Shepparton and Seymour
From 20 May 2018, there will be five new coach services between Shepparton and Seymour each weekday, plus three more services on Saturdays and an additional service on Sundays. The coaches will stop at Shepparton, Mooroopna, Murchison, Nagambie and Seymour and be coordinated with train services. An additional stop in Nagambie town centre will be trialled until early 2019.
The weekend morning coach service will depart at 8:10am, as this was the preferred time for most of the community members who provided feedback during consultation. More information about the consultation is available on Transport for Victoria's website.
Better bus services coming to Wallan
From 30 April 2018, Wallan will have two town buses and a new shuttle service for commuters in Wallara Waters. The services will maintain connections provided by the current service, and add bus services to Springridge.