Meet Mernda, your new line.
From Sunday 26 August the Mernda Line will open, bringing almost a thousand weekly services to Middle Gorge, Hawkstowe and Mernda stations. Plus, there’ll be new timetables with extra services across the network.
- South Morang Line will become the Mernda Line
- new timetables
- extra services
- changes to stopping patterns
To keep connections with the new train times we’ve also made changes to some bus and V/Line train and coach timetables. The Plenty Valley bus network is also changing, to connect buses to the new stations on the Mernda Line.
Find out what's happening on your line
South Morang/Mernda Line
All services on the South Morang Line will be extended to Mernda Station.
There’ll be 45 extra services per week in the morning and evening peak periods compared with the current timetable.
Extra AM service times:
6.31am, 7.13am, 8.01am, 8.14am and 8.22am
Extra PM peak service times:
4.58pm, 5.18pm, 5.28pm and 5.47pm
All services will stop at all stations between Clifton Hill and Jolimont.
Some morning peak services from Flinders Street to Epping will not stop all stations.
The Werribee Line is getting 35 extra services on weekday evenings.
Extra PM services to Werribee:
4.07pm, 4.29pm, 6.39pm and 7.04*pm
Extra PM services to Flinders Street Station:
5.03pm, 5.31pm and 7.25pm
(*Via Altona Loop)
Changes to stopping patterns
There will be minor adjustments to which stations some Werribee services stop at.
- The 6:47pm weekday service from Laverton to Flinders Street Station will stop at all stations to Flinders Street Station (not express between Newport and Footscray).
- The 5:24pm from Werribee to Flinders Street Station will stop at Aircraft then run express from Newport to Footscray, North Melbourne, Southern Cross to Flinders Street.
- From 26 August, all weekday services departing Flinders Street Station between 7:20pm and 8:20pm will stop at South Kensington, Seddon, Yarraville and Spotswood, giving you a service every 10 minutes.
The Hurstbridge Line is getting 50 new and extended weekday services each week.
- Morning and evening peak services to or from Greensborough and Macleod will stop at all stations between Clifton Hill and Jolimont
- Morning peak services from Eltham will be express between Clifton Hill and Jolimont
- All other services will stop all stations between Clifton Hill and Jolimont.
Cranbourne / Pakenham lines
There’ll be 80 extra services across the Cranbourne and Pakenham lines each week.
New AM service times:
9.31am from Westall to Flinders Street Station
9.33am from Flinders Street to Westall Station
New PM service times:
3.55pm Flinders Street Station to Dandenong Station
6.19pm Flinders Street Station to Westall Station
Trains will run every 10 minutes on weekday evenings until 9.30pm, between the city and Dandenong Station.
Changes to stopping patterns
From 26 August, the 8.23am, 8.53am, 9.03am, 9.33am and 9.36am existing weekday services from Flinders Street will stop at South Yarra before continuing express to Caulfield and terminate at Westall or Dandenong. This change will add about two minutes to each service’s journey time.
Belgrave, Lilydale and Glen Waverley lines
There will be minor changes to timetables and stopping patterns on the Belgrave, Lilydale and Glen Waverley lines.
- A Belgrave service will depart Flinders Street Station a minute later at 5.44pm and no longer stop at Surrey Hills Station.
- The 5.48pm Lilydale service departing Flinders Street Station will stop at Surrey Hills Station and run a minute later between Surrey Hills and Mooroolbark stations.
- The 5.39pm Glen Waverley service from Flinders Street Station will depart a minute later at 5.40pm.
- The 5.42pm Glen Waverley services to Flinders Street Station will depart a minute later at 5.43pm.
There are no changes on the Alamein, Craigieburn, Frankston, Sandringham, Sunbury and Upfield lines.
Learn more about the changes to V/Line train and coach services.
For more information call 1800 800 007.