Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines: Coaches replacing trains from 6pm on Friday 26 October to Sunday 28 October 2018
Added: 12 October 2018
Road coaches will replace Bairnsdale and Traralgon trains from first train on Saturday 27 October until the last train on Sunday, 28 October 2018, due to works. Road coaches will also replace selected evening Bairnsdale and Traralgon trains on Friday 26 October.
Journey times may be extended by up to 40 minutes.
Friday 26 October
The following service will be replaced by road coach between Traralgon and Bairnsdale stations:
- 6.34pm Southern Cross to Bairnsdale
The following services will be replaced by road coach between Southern Cross and Pakenham stations connecting with train between Pakenham and Traralgon:
- 11.01pm Southern Cross to Traralgon
- 11.59pm Southern Cross to Traralgon
Saturday 27 October to Sunday, 28 October 2018
Road coaches will replace all trains between Southern Cross and Pakenham connecting with trains between Pakenham and Traralgon/Bairnsdale except for the following service:
- 6.16pm Southern Cross to Bairnsdale will be replaced by coach for the full journey.
- There is limited space for bikes on V/Line trains and coach replacement services.
- No pets or hot food allowed on replacement coaches.
- In Melbourne, coaches will arrive and depart from:
- The Southern Cross Station coach terminal located on Spencer Street, opposite Little Bourke Street
- Due to station improvement works, coaches do not stop at Flinders Street Station after 8pm from Sunday to Thursday nights each week. Passengers should take a metropolitan train to and from Southern Cross Station.
- Coaches do not stop at Clayton Station. Passengers can take a metropolitan train to and from Dandenong Station.
- Coaches do not stop at Richmond Station. Passengers can take a metropolitan train to and from Flinders Street or Caulfield stations.
- Passengers needing special assistance, please call 1800 800 007 before travelling.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line/route and across the network by subscribing to our weekly travel update email.
Follow us on social media
Updated 08:50am, 12th October