Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines: Coaches replacing trains from 8pm on Friday 19 October to Sunday 21 October 2018
Added: 5 October 2018
Road coaches will replace Bairnsdale and Traralgon trains from first train on Saturday 20 October until the last train on Sunday, 21 October 2018, due to works. Road coaches will also replace selected evening Traralgon trains on Friday 19 October.
Journey times may be extended by up to 40 minutes.
Friday 19 October
The following services will be replaced by road coaches between Southern Cross and Traralgon stations:
- 9.54pm Southern Cross to Traralgon
- 11.01pm Southern Cross to Traralgon
- 11.59pm Southern Cross to Traralgon
- The 8.21pm Traralgon to Southern Cross
Saturday 20 October to Sunday, 21 October 2018
Road coaches will replace all trains between Southern Cross and Traralgon/Bairnsdale for the full journey.
- There is limited space for bikes on V/Line trains and coach replacement services.
- No pets or hot food allowed on replacement coaches.
- In Melbourne, coaches will arrive and depart from:
- The Southern Cross Station coach terminal located on Spencer Street, opposite Little Bourke Street
- Due to station improvement works, coaches do not stop at Flinders Street Station after 8pm from Sunday to Thursday nights each week. Passengers should take a metropolitan train to and from Southern Cross Station.
- Coaches do not stop at Clayton Station. Passengers can take a metropolitan train to and from Dandenong Station.
- Coaches do not stop at Richmond Station. Passengers can take a metropolitan train to and from Flinders Street or Caulfield stations.
- Passengers needing special assistance, please call 1800 800 007 before travelling.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line/route and across the network by subscribing to our weekly travel update email.
Follow us on social media
Updated 12:11pm, 5th October