Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines: Coaches replacing trains from Saturday 24 February to Sunday, 25 February 2018
Added: 6 February 2018
Road coaches replace train services on sections of the Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines from Saturday 24 February to Sunday 25 February, first service to last service, due to track works.
Journey times may increase by 50 minutes.
Road coaches replace trains in both directions between Southern Cross and Pakenham stations, connecting with trains between Pakenham and Traralgon stations.
- Road coaches replace trains from Southern Cross to Bairnsdale, stopping at stations from Rosedale to Bairnsdale
To Southern Cross:
- Road coaches replace trains from Bairnsdale to Rosedale, then continue from Rosedale to Southern Cross, dropping off passengers as required
- There is limited space for bikes on V/Line trains and coach replacement services.
- No pets or hot food allowed on replacement coaches.
- In Melbourne, coaches will arrive and depart from:
- The Southern Cross Station coach terminal located on Spencer Street, opposite Little Bourke Street
- Flinders Street Station on Flinders Street opposite Degraves Street
- Due to station improvement works, coaches do not stop at Flinders Street Station after 8pm from Sunday to Thursday nights each week. Passengers should take a metropolitan train to and from Southern Cross Station.
- Coaches do not stop at Clayton Station. Passengers can take a metropolitan train to and from Dandenong Station.
- Coaches do not stop at Richmond Station. Passengers can take a metropolitan train to and from Flinders Street or Caulfield stations.
- Passengers needing special assistance, please call 1800 800 007 before travelling.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line/route and across the network by subscribing to PTV's weekly travel update email.
Follow us on social media
For official updates and event information from Public Transport Victoria, follow us on Twitter.
Updated 03:00am, 24th February