Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines: Service changes from Monday 22 October to Wednesday 24 October 2018
Added: 3 October 2018
Road coaches replace select evening trains on the Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines from Monday 22 October to Wednesday 24 October 2018, due to track works.
Journey times may increase by up to 60 minutes.
Please note: Road coaches will not pick up or set down at Richmond or Clayton.
Service changes (Monday 22 October to Wednesday 24 October)
Road coaches will replace the following services from Southern Cross to Pakenham, connecting with trains from Pakenham to Traralgon:
- 8.34pm Southern Cross to Traralgon
- 9.54pm Southern Cross to Traralgon
- 11.01pm Southern Cross to Traralgon
- 11.59pm Southern Cross to Traralgon
The following train services will operate from Traralgon to Pakenham, connecting with road coaches from Pakenham to Southern Cross:
- 6.51pm Traralgon to Southern Cross
- 7.45pm Traralgon to Southern Cross
- 8.21pm Traralgon to Southern Cross
The following train service will operate from Bairnsdale to Pakenham connecting with a road coach to Southern Cross:
- 6.18pm Bairnsdale to Southern Cross
- There is limited space for bikes on V/Line trains and coach replacement services.
- No pets or hot food allowed on replacement coaches.
- In Melbourne, coaches will arrive and depart from:
- The Southern Cross Station coach terminal located on Spencer Street, opposite Little Bourke Street
- Due to station improvement works, coaches do not stop at Flinders Street Station after 8pm from Sunday to Thursday nights each week. Passengers should take a metropolitan train to and from Southern Cross Station.
- Coaches do not stop at Clayton Station. Passengers can take a metropolitan train to and from Dandenong Station.
- Coaches do not stop at Richmond Station. Passengers can take a metropolitan train to and from Flinders Street or Caulfield stations.
- Passengers needing special assistance, please call 1800 800 007 before travelling.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line/route and across the network by subscribing to our weekly travel update email.
Follow us on social media
Updated 10:55am, 3rd October