Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines: Coaches replacing trains from Saturday 1 December to Sunday 23 December 2018
Added: 8 November 2018
Road coaches replace all Traralgon and Bairnsdale trains for the entire journey from Saturday 1 December to Sunday 23 December 2018, due to works on the Pakenham and Gippsland lines.
Please allow an extra 90 minutes during peak times and 60 minutes during off-peak times.
Special coaches will run on weekdays direct from Warragul to Drouin and then to Parliament Station during the morning peak returning from Parliament to Drouin and Warragul in the afternoon peak.
If you're travelling solely between Pakenham Station and Melbourne, please use a metropolitan service. There are limited services to Melbourne which pick up at Pakenham, and limited services from Melbourne which drop off at Pakenham.
Services will be replaced by a mix of express, semi-express and stopping-all-stations coaches. Please check this page for service times before travelling and arrive in time for your service as it is displayed on the temporary timetable.
Passengers taking replacement buses on the Gippsland line will receive free travel. To find out more visit Free travel in December for affected Cranbourne/Pakenham and Gippsland line passengers.
Note: Road coaches will not stop at Richmond or Clayton stations.
Test trains and track machinery will still run along the Traralgon and Bairnsdale lines so always obey the warning signs at level crossings and stay safe around trains.
- Travel is free on Gippsland line replacement coaches
- Traralgon Line passengers don't need to touch on or touch off their myki
- Bairnsdale Line passengers need to make a booking to be issued a free paper ticket.
- In Melbourne, coaches arrive and depart from:
- The Southern Cross Station coach terminal is located on Spencer Street, opposite Little Bourke Street;
- Flinders Street Station on Flinders Street, opposite Degraves Street.
- Coaches won't stop at Clayton Station. Please catch a metropolitan service to and from Dandenong Station.
- Coaches won't stop at Richmond Station. Please catch a metropolitan service to and from Southern Cross Station or Caulfield.
- There's limited space for bikes on replacement coaches.
- Please don't take pets or hot food on replacement coaches.
- If you need special assistance, please call 1800 800 007 before travelling.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line/route and across the network by subscribing to our weekly travel update email.
Follow us on social media
Updated 11:33pm, 16th December