Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines: Temporary service alterations from Tuesday 27 February to Thursday 1 March 2018
Added: 14 February 2018
Road coaches replace selected evening trains on the Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines from Tuesday 27 February to Thursday 1 March 2018, due to track works.
Journey times may increase.
Road coaches will replace the following services from Southern Cross to Pakenham, connecting with trains from Pakenham to Traralgon:
- 8.44pm Southern Cross to Traralgon
- 9.44pm Southern Cross to Traralgon
- 11pm Southern Cross to Traralgon
- 11.59pm Southern Cross to Traralgon
The following train services will operate from Traralgon to Pakenham, connecting with road coaches from Pakenham to Southern Cross:
- 6.48pm Traralgon to Southern Cross
- 7.42pm Traralgon to Southern Cross
- 8.21pm Traralgon to Southern Cross
Road coaches will replace the following service from Bairnsdale to Traralgon, then running express from Traralgon to Southern Cross, dropping off passengers as required:
- 6.14pm Bairnsdale to Southern Cross
The following train service will operate from Southern Cross to Traralgon, connecting with road coaches from Traralgon to Bairnsdale:
- 6.34pm Southern Cross to Bairnsdale
- There is limited space for bikes on V/Line trains and coach replacement services.
- No pets or hot food allowed on replacement coaches.
- In Melbourne, coaches will arrive and depart from:
- The Southern Cross Station coach terminal located on Spencer Street, opposite Little Bourke Street
- Flinders Street Station on Flinders Street opposite Degraves Street
- Due to station improvement works, coaches do not stop at Flinders Street Station after 8pm from Sunday to Thursday nights each week. Passengers should take a metropolitan train to and from Southern Cross Station.
- Coaches do not stop at Clayton Station. Passengers can take a metropolitan train to and from Dandenong Station.
- Coaches do not stop at Richmond Station. Passengers can take a metropolitan train to and from Flinders Street or Caulfield stations.
- Passengers needing special assistance, please call 1800 800 007 before travelling.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line/route and across the network by subscribing to PTV's weekly travel update email.
Follow us on social media
For official updates and event information from Public Transport Victoria, follow us on Twitter.
Updated 07:44am, 14th February