Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines: Coaches replacing trains from Tuesday 30 January to Wednesday, 14 February 2018
Added: 3 January 2018
Due to works as part of the Caulfield to Dandenong Level Crossing Removal Project, train services on the Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines will be affected by temporary service alterations from Tuesday 30 January until Wednesday, 14 February 2017.
Journey times may be extended by up to 60 minutes. Please note: Due to variable traffic conditions between Pakenham and Melbourne CBD, coach journey times may change from day to day.
Plan ahead using Journey Planner.
Service changes (Tuesday 30 January – Friday 9 February, Monday 12 February – Wednesday 14 February)
Road coaches will replace trains in both directions between Southern Cross and Pakenham stations, connecting with trains between Pakenham and Traralgon.
Selected trains to/from Pakenham will have altered departure times, to ensure connection with road coaches.
Road coaches will operate in both directions between Southern Cross and Bairnsdale stations.
Coaches will replace trains for the entire journey for passengers travelling between Southern Cross and Rosedale, Sale, Stratford and Bairnsdale stations.
Passengers travelling between Pakenham and Traralgon on scheduled Bairnsdale services can catch a train, connecting with road coaches between:
- Southern Cross and Pakenham stations
- Traralgon and Bairnsdale stations
Service changes (Saturday 10 February - Sunday 11 February)
Road coaches will replace trains in both directions between Southern Cross and Traralgon/Bairnsdale stations.
- There is limited space for bikes on V/Line trains and coach replacement services.
- No pets or hot food allowed on replacement coaches.
- In Melbourne, coaches will arrive and depart from:
- The Southern Cross Station coach terminal located on Spencer Street, opposite Little Bourke Street
- Flinders Street Station on Flinders Street opposite Degraves Street
- Coaches do not stop at Clayton Station. Passengers can take a metropolitan train to and from Dandenong Station.
- Coaches do not stop at Richmond Station. Passengers can take a metropolitan train to and from Flinders Street or Caulfield stations.
- Passengers needing special assistance, please call 1800 800 007 before travelling.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line/route and across the network by subscribing to PTV's weekly travel update email.
Follow us on social media
For official updates and event information from Public Transport Victoria, follow us on Twitter.
Updated 11:39am, 17th January