Essendon Station: Temporary car park closures from Wednesday 21 March to December 2018
Added: 12 June 2018
Essendon Station is affected by temporary changes to pedestrian access from Wednesday 21 March to December 2018, due to works.
Russell Street car park
Approximately 277 car spaces in the station car park (off Russell Street) will be closed during the following times:
- Monday 23 April to December 2018
Alternative parking is available, with nine new all-day car spaces on Russell Street.
Approximately 9 on-street car spaces on Russell Street will be closed during the following times:
- 5am Friday 8 June to 5am Monday 11 June
All car spaces on Russell Street near Essendon Station will be closed during the following times:
- 5am Thursday 21 June to Wednesday 27 June
Sherbourne Street car park
Approximately 44 car spaces in the station car park (off Sherbourne Street) are closed from midnight Wednesday 28 March to 5pm Friday 30 November.
Alternative parking of up to 46 car spaces is provided near Moonee Ponds Station, off Chester Street.
Alternative parking of up to 100 spaces is provided near Moreland Station, off Cameron Street. Rail passengers can park for free in the Care Park car park during this time.
Download brochures below for a map of the affected area
- Download Russell Street car park information (PDF) 176kB
- Download Sherbourne Street car park information (PDF) 176kB
- Download Chester Street alternative car park information (PDF) 179kB
- Download Cameron Street alternative car park information (PDF) 176kB
Passengers are advised to observe any signage and safety instructions in place during these works.
- To plan your route, use journey planner.
- Download the free PTV mobile apps for Android and iOS and access public transport information on the go.
- Passengers requiring accessibility information, see Accessible transport.
- If you need help or a question answered, call us on 1800 800 007.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line/route and across the network by subscribing to our weekly travel update email.
Follow us on social media
Updated 05:29pm, 22nd August