Essendon Station: Temporary car park closures from Friday 21 December to late 2019
Added: 12 June 2018
Essendon Station will be affected by long term car space closures from Friday 21 December 2018 to late 2019, due to works as part of the Buckley Street Level Crossing Removal Project.
From Friday 21 December 2018:
- Approximately 184 parking spaces will be returned to passengers in Russell Street
- Approximately 166 spaces will be available in the Rose Street car park
- Approximately 59 spaces will be available in the Sherbourne Street car park
- The existing alternative car park of up to 100 parking spaces at Moreland Station will remain open for use
- Approximately 43 car spaces in the Russell Street car park will remain temporarily closed until late 2019
Further spaces around the station precinct will be returned progressively throughout 2019.
Download brochures below for maps of the affected areas
- Download changes to Essendon Station car park information (PDF) 744kB
- Download Moreland Station alternative car park information (PDF) 176kB
Passengers are advised to observe any signage and safety instructions in place during these works.
- To plan your route, use journey planner.
- Download the free PTV mobile apps for Android and iOS and access public transport information on the go.
- Passengers requiring accessibility information, see Accessible transport.
- If you need help or a question answered, call us on 1800 800 007.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line/route and across the network by subscribing to our weekly travel update email.
Follow us on social media
Updated 01:29pm, 14th January