Hurstbridge line: Buses replacing trains from Friday 16 March to Sunday 29 April 2018
Added: 15 February 2018
Buses replace trains between Clifton Hill and Macleod/Greensborough stations from 8.15pm on Friday 16 March to last train Sunday 29 April 2018, due to Hurstbridge Rail Line Upgrade works.
Journey times may increase by 55 minutes.
Further information about these works, including timetables for replacement bus services, will become available closer to the works date. Please continue to check this website for the latest information.
These works are part of a larger project overseen by the Level Crossings Removal Authority. For further information check the Level Crossings Removal Authority website.
Travelling on rail-replacement services
Passengers with special needs are advised to contact their local train station in advance or ask staff at the replacement bus stops to organise travel.
Travel restrictions for rail-replacement services
For the safety and comfort of all passengers, there are restrictions on what you may take with you on buses and trams.
- Take a conventional bike on a bus or tram (only folding bikes that meet the size criteria).
- Take an animal on a bus or tram unless it is in a suitable container. Exceptions apply for assistance dogs.
- Take a surfboard on a tram or a bus.
For further information, see Luggage, bikes and animals.
- To plan your route, use journey planner.
- Download the free PTV mobile apps for Android and iOS and access public transport information on the go.
- Customers requiring accessibility information, see Accessible transport.
- If you need help or a question answered, call us on 1800 800 007.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line/route and across the network by subscribing to PTV's weekly travel update email.
Follow us on social media
For official updates and event information from Public Transport Victoria, follow us on Twitter.
Updated 01:02pm, 15th February