Route 19: Buses replacing trams from Friday 20 July to Sunday 22 July 2018
Added: 11 July 2018
Buses replace Route 19 trams along sections of Royal Parade and Sydney Road, from 10pm Friday 20 July to last tram on Sunday 22 July 2018, due to works.
Trams will resume on Monday 23 July, however until last tram, Stop 19 Brunswick Road will not be serviced.
Trams and replacement buses operate to the normal frequency, but may not arrive at scheduled times. Passengers are advised to allow extra time for journeys.
Trams operate as Route 19a, with buses replacing trams between Queen Victoria Market (Stop 7) and Brunswick Tram Depot (Stop 27).
Trams from North Coburg to Flinders Street will terminate at Stop 28 Moreland Road.
Passengers can walk to Stop 132 Sydney Road and catch a replacement bus to the city, Route 6 tram to Glen Iris via City, or Route 19 tram to North Coburg.
Replacement buses service temporary stops or existing kerbside tram stops on the route.
Map of service changes
Alternative travel options
Passengers may wish to consider metropolitan trains between North Coburg and the CBD on the following lines:
Travel restrictions for tram-replacement services
For the safety and comfort of all passengers, there are restrictions on what you may take with you on buses and trams.
- Take a conventional bike on a bus or tram (only folding bikes that meet the size criteria).
- Take an animal on a bus or tram unless it is in a suitable container. Exceptions apply for assistance dogs.
- Take a surfboard on a tram or a bus.
For further information, see Luggage, bikes and animals.
- To plan your route, use journey planner.
- Download the free PTV mobile apps for Android and iOS and access public transport information on the go.
- Passengers requiring accessibility information, see Accessible transport.
- If you need help or a question answered, call us on 1800 800 007.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line/route and across the network by subscribing to our weekly travel update email.
Follow us on social media
For official updates and event information, follow us on Twitter.
Updated 11:48am, 11th July