News and events
Events > Sport
Public transport for Round 5 of the 2019 AFL season
19 Apr 2019
Public transport is the best way to get to the game during the 2019 AFL season!
Extra services will run to and from the MCG and Marvel Stadium throughout the season.
Simply select your match venue on our Journey Planner to plan your trip to the game.
Free tram zone extension on AFL game days
The Free Tram Zone has been extended along Wellington Parade to make it easier for AFL fans to get to the MCG. The free tram zone will include Stop 11 Jolimont Station on Routes 48 and 75 all day on AFL game days between Saturday 6 April and Tuesday 23 April.
Download the Free Tram Zone extension map (PDF) 1.5 MB
Round 5 matches
North Melbourne v Essendon, Marvel Stadium - Friday 19 April at 4.20pm
Melbourne v St Kilda, MCG - Saturday 20 April at 4.35pm
Richmond v Sydney, Marvel Stadium - Saturday 20 April at 7.25pm
Western Bulldogs v Carlton, Marvel Stadium - Sunday 21 April at 1.10pm
Hawthorn v Geelong, MCG - Monday 22 April at 3.20pm
Footy fans please note the following service alterations may affect your travel.
- Cranbourne and Pakenham lines: Buses replacing trains
- Frankston Line: Buses replacing trains
- Sandringham Line: Buses replacing trains
- Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines: Coaches replacing trains
- Warnambool Line: Coaches replacing trains
- Seymour Line: Coaches replace some evening trains
- Ballarat Line: Coaches replace some evening trains
- Bendigo and Swan Hill Line: Coaches replace some trains
For bus replacement stop locations in the CBD and walking directions to the MCG, download the Flinders Street Station and MCG event precinct map (PDF) 471 KB .
- You can check our Event precinct maps to find out the closest modes of transport and walking times to the MCG and Marvel Stadium
- Please check the Disruptions page for notification of any service changes that may affect your journey to and from the event.
- Download the free PTV mobile apps for Android and iOS and access public transport information on the go.
- Customers requiring accessibility information and assistance, see Accessible transport.
- Customers are advised to top up prior to travelling or to set auto top up so that you never need to top up again. For more information, see top up your myki.
- For information on ticketing for children and concessions, see Children and Concessions.
- Customers needing further information or special assistance, please call 1800 800 007 prior to travelling.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line/route and across the network by subscribing to our weekly travel update email.