News and events
Public transport for ICC Men’s One Day International Cricket Tuesday 22 November 2022
22 Nov 2022
Men’s International One Day Cricket is coming to MCG with Australia taking on the archrivals England. Public transport is your best way to enjoy it, and to how a great cricket experience.
Extra services will help you get to and from the MCG on Tuesday 22 November 2022.
Match Starts: 2.20pm
Before you travel
Avoid delays by topping up your myki before you reach the barriers and have it ready to touch off as you exit the train.
There will be increased congestion and delays getting onto platforms at Richmond and Jolimont stations after the match.
Return service from Jolimont Station
- Mernda – leaving at 10.32pm and 10.52pm from Platform 2
- Eltham – leaving at 10.46pm from Platform 2
- Greensborough - leaving at 10.37pm from Platform 2
- Flinders Street – leaving at 10.31pm and 10.42pm from Platform 1
Return service from Richmond Station
- Glen Waverley – leaving at 10.30pm and 10.52pm from Platform 10
- Lilydale – leaving at 10.30pm from Platform 9
- Belgrave - leaving at 10.37pm from Platform 9
- Ringwood – leaving at 10.57pm from Platform 9
- Frankston – leaving at 10.30pm and 10:50pm from Platform 4
- Pakenham - leaving at 10.43pm and 11.03pm from Platform 6
- Sandringham – leaving at 10.34pm and 10.54pm from Platform 2
Return service from Flinders Street Station
- Sunbury – leaving at 10.55pm from Platform 7
- Werribee - leaving at 11.00pm from Platform 10
Getting to and from the MCG
- Passengers can catch tram services alighting at Stop 7C MCG/John Cain Arena.
- Passengers can catch tram services alighting at Stop 13 Wellington Parade/Simpson Street.
Passengers can catch the following buses close to the MCG:
Please note, services may terminate prior to the end of the match.
- Normal services departing from Southern Cross Station
V/Line Additional services
Return Additional service from Southern Cross Station
- Geelong (Geelong) – leaving at 11.05pm
Return Additional capacity from Southern Cross Station
- 11.30pm – Geelong (Geelong) additional seats
- 11.08pm – Wendouree (Ballarat) additional seats
- Check Event precinct maps to find out your closest transport options and walking times to the MCG
- Check Disruptions for any service changes that may affect your journey to and from the event.
- Download our mobile apps for Android and iOS to get public transport information on the go.
- If you need accessibility information and assistance, see Accessibility.
- Top up your myki before travelling or set Auto Top Up so you never need to top up again. For more information, see Auto Top Up.
- For information about tickets for children and concessions, see Children and Concessions.
- If you need more information or special assistance, please call 1800 800 007 before travelling.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line or route and across the network by subscribing to our weekly travel update email.