News and events
Public transport for Guns N’ Roses in concert: Saturday 3 December 2022
03 Dec 2022
Stadium rock is back at the “G” with Guns N’ Roses in concert. Public transport is your best way to enjoy it, and to how a great music experience. Extra services will help you get to and from the MCG on Saturday 3 December 2022.
Concert starts at 7pm
Before you travel
Forward services to Jolimont Station
- Mernda – leaving at 5:36pm (Arriving at Jolimont 6:26pm on Platform 1)
- Greensborough - leaving at 5:40pm (Arriving at Jolimont 6:16pm on Platform 1)
Forward services to Richmond Station
- Sandringham – leaving at 5:45pm (Arriving at Richmond 6:13pm on Platform 1)
- Sunbury - leaving at 5:03pm (Arriving at Richmond 5:55pm on Platform 2)
Return service from Jolimont Station
- Mernda – leaving at 11:03pm, 11:22pm and 11:33pm from Platform 2
- Eltham – leaving at 11:17pm and 11:38pm from Platform 2
- Greensborough - leaving at 11:07pm from Platform 2
- Flinders Street – leaving at 11:05pm, 11:11pm, 11:19pm and 11:27pm from Platform 1
Return service from Richmond Station
- Westall - leaving at 11:08pm and 11:54pm from Platform 6
- Dandenong – leaving at 11:23pm from Platform 6
- Cranbourne – leaving at 11:35pm and 12:04am from Platform 6
- Frankston – leaving at 10:59pm, 11:15pm and 11:35pm from Platform 4
- Sandringham – leaving at 11:14pm and 11:35pm from Platform 2
- Sunbury – leaving at 11:11pm from Platform 1
Return service from Flinders Street Station
- Sunbury – leaving at 11:17pm from Platform 10
Getting to and from the MCG
- Passengers can catch tram services alighting at Stop 7C MCG/John Cain Arena.
- Passengers can catch tram services alighting at Stop 13 Wellington Parade/Simpson Street.
Passengers can catch the following buses close to the MCG:
Please note, services may terminate prior to the end of the match.
- Normal services departing from Southern Cross Station
V/Line Additional services
Return Additional service from Southern Cross Station
- Geelong (Geelong) – leaving at 12:02am
- Bacchus Marsh (Ballarat) – leaving at 12:16am
Return Additional capacity from Southern Cross Station
- 11:55pm – Bendigo (Bendigo) additional seats
- 12:16am – Wendouree (Ballarat) additional seats
- Check Event precinct maps to find out your closest transport options and walking times to the MCG
- Check Disruptions for any service changes that may affect your journey to and from the event.
- Download our mobile apps for Android and iOS to get public transport information on the go.
- If you need accessibility information and assistance, see Accessibility.
- Top up your myki before travelling or set Auto Top Up so you never need to top up again. For more information, see Auto Top Up.
- For information about tickets for children and concessions, see Children and Concessions.
- If you need more information or special assistance, please call 1800 800 007 before travelling.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line or route and across the network by subscribing to our weekly travel update email.