News and events
More V/Line trains to return from 21 March 2016
08 Mar 2016
The restoration of V/Line train services is almost complete with 97 per cent of trains in service each week from Tuesday 26 April.
V/Line will reinstate 10 more train services each weekday in stage two of its service recovery program.
The full restoration of train services is still on track for mid-year.
Six more services will be reinstated as trains, bringing the weekday total to 104.
Trains will return to the following Geelong line services:
- 6.51am Waurn Ponds to Southern Cross
- 8.40am South Geelong to Southern Cross
- 5.30pm Waurn Ponds to Southern Cross
- 7.10am Southern Cross to South Geelong
- 4.10pm Southern Cross to Waurn Ponds
- 11.15pm Southern Cross to Waurn Ponds
Four Geelong line services will operate as replacement coaches:
- 7.16am Wyndham Vale to Southern Cross
- 8.04am South Geelong to Southern Cross
- 6.25am Southern Cross to Wyndham Vale
- 5.40pm Southern Cross to South Geelong
The Bendigo line will have two more weekday services reinstated as trains, bringing the daily total to 37 trains with four services operated by replacement coaches.
Trains will return to the following Bendigo line services:
- 5.07am Bendigo to Southern Cross
- 4.25pm Southern Cross to Eaglehawk
Replacement coaches will operate four services on the Bendigo line:
- 6.22am Eaglehawk to Southern Cross
- 7.21am Kyneton to Southern Cross
- 5.04pm Southern Cross to Kyneton
- 5.31pm Southern Cross to Epsom
The Ballarat line will have two more weekday services reinstated as trains, bringing the daily total to 72 trains with one service operated by replacement coaches.
Trains will return to the following Ballarat line services:
- 7.15pm Southern Cross to Wendouree
- 9.10pm Wendouree to Southern Cross
The only train replacement coach service on the Ballarat line will be the:
- 3:37pm Southern Cross to Melton
On the Gippsland line, trains operate 34 of the 36 weekday services.
The only two coach replacement services are the 11.20am Southern Cross to Traralgon and 4.15pm Traralgon to Southern Cross.
The Seymour line is scheduled to operate all 40 trains on weekdays.
All weekend services are scheduled to operate as trains, except during line closures for network improvement works.
Timetables and information
Updated timetables for the Bendigo, Ballarat and Geelong lines will be available at staffed V/Line stations from the week commencing 26 April.
Free travel on replacement coaches
Travel on train replacement coach services continues to be free, with reimbursements available to myki pass holders. A valid ticket is required for travel on other V/Line coaches and all trains.
For more information, see V/Line reimbursement process.
NOTE: This page originally contained links to other pages/websites that are no longer active and have been removed.