News and events
More V/Line trains to return from 26 April 2016
09 Apr 2016
Work to reduce wheel wear, accelerate maintenance and fix boom-gate detection issues on the Pakenham corridor have been more effective than anticipated, leading to the early return of many V/Line train services.
As a result, 43 of the current 64 coach replacement services across the V/Line network will become trains again on 21 March 2016.
Every Ballarat peak train service will be re-instated, along with all but two Gippsland services.
Services will also be restored on the Geelong and Bendigo corridors.
The full restoration of the timetable is expected by the middle of the year.
In the interim, travel will continue to be free on the small number of services still running as coaches.
On the Gippsland line, a total of 24 services will be reinstated as trains with two services remaining as coach replacements. These are the following services:
- 11.20am Southern Cross to Traralgon
- 4.15pm Traralgon to Southern Cross
On the Ballarat line, a total of 11 services will be reinstated as trains, with three remaining as coach replacements. These are the following services:
- 3.37pm Southern Cross to Melton
- 7.15pm Southern Cross to Wendouree
- 9.10pm Wendouree to Southern Cross
On the Bendigo line, the return of a train to the 6.17am Southern Cross to Bendigo service means six services will still operate as coaches. These are the following services:
- 5.07am Bendigo to Southern Cross
- 6.22am Eaglehawk to Southern Cross
- 7.21am Kyneton to Southern Cross
- 4.25pm Southern Cross to Eaglehawk
- 5.04pm Southern Cross to Kyneton
- 5.31pm Southern Cross to Epsom
For the Geelong line, seven weekday services will be reinstated as trains with 10 services operated by coaches.
- 6.51am Waurn Ponds to Southern Cross
- 7.16am Wyndham Vale to Southern Cross
- 8.04am South Geelong to Southern Cross
- 8.40am South Geelong to Southern Cross
- 6.25am Southern Cross to Wyndham Vale
- 7.10am Southern Cross to South Geelong
- 4.10pm Southern Cross to Waurn Ponds
- 5.30pm Waurn Ponds to Southern Cross
- 5.40pm Southern Cross to South Geelong
- 11.15pm Southern Cross to Waurn Ponds