News and events

Regional myki Pass fare changes

28 Feb 2018

​You can travel free with a Vision Impaired Travel Pass if you're legally blind. Check if you're eligible and download an application form.


To be eligible, you need to be:

  • assessed as permanently and legally blind by an ophthalmologist or optometrist
  • a Victorian resident.

How to travel

You can travel free on:

  • metropolitan trains, trams and buses
  • V/Line trains and coaches
  • regional town buses
  • regional services that have a contract or service agreement with Public Transport Victoria.

Check if your Vision Impaired Travel Pass is accepted before travelling with an interstate or private operator. These include NSW TrainLink, Great Southern Railway, airport services, tourist railways, privately run bus services and chartered trains, trams and buses.

Your pass will be loaded onto a personalised myki. You don't need to touch on and off, but you must show your pass to public transport staff if asked. We also accept vision impaired cards from other states. Always carry your pass while travelling on public transport.

How to apply

Download the application form below:

  • Vision Impaired Travel Pass application form [see attached]
  • Vision Impaired Travel Pass application form - accessible version [see attached]

There's information about how to apply on the form. For more information, or help applying, call 1800 800 007 [link to Contact us].