News and events
News > Buses
Better bus connections to Chadstone Shopping Centre for the Cranbourne/Pakenham line
08 Oct 2019
It’s now easier to get to and from Chadstone Shopping Centre for passengers on the Cranbourne/Pakenham line.
On weekdays there are around 20 buses per hour between Oakleigh Station and Chadstone – which means an average wait time of less than two minutes!
On weekend and public holidays, from 19 October 2019 to 27 January 2020, services are being upgraded – providing an average wait time of less than five minutes.
The additional weekend services will run an hour prior to the centre opening and an hour after it closes to get both staff and visitors to Chadstone Shopping Centre over the busy pre and post-Christmas sales period.
The extra weekend services complement the existing services on multiple routes. You will find the regular and extra services in PTV journey planner, but with so many buses it’s easy to just turn up and go.
There will be:
- Nearly 200 additional services on a Saturday
- 150 extra services on a Sunday
- Almost 150 services on a public holiday
- More than 420 extra services on Boxing Day, providing space for an additional 9,000 people
- More than 300 extra services on Saturday 14 December, Sunday 15 December, Saturday 21 December, Sunday 22 December, and Saturday 28 December during Chadstone's extended trading hours.
Please note that no additional services will run on Christmas day as Chadstone Shopping Centre is closed.