News and events
Industrial action affecting V/Line trains between Wednesday 11 December and Thursday 19 December
04 Dec 2019
Due to planned industrial action, no V/Line trains will run from first service to last service on the following dates and lines:
- Wednesday 11 December: Bendigo, Swan Hill and Echuca lines
- Thursday 12 December: Ballarat, Ararat and Maryborough lines
- Tuesday 17 December: Traralgon and Bairnsdale lines
- Wednesday 18 December: Seymour, Shepparton and Albury lines
- Thursday 19 December: Geelong and Warrnambool lines
Coaches will replace trains. Please allow up to an extra 60 minutes for your journey.
Due to industrial action, selected Ballarat and Geelong line services were also disrupted on Monday 16 December 2019.
Please continue to check our website, app, social media channels and station displays for updated information before you travel.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.
Please note: freight trains and other services will still operate during planned industrial action. Always obey warning signs at level crossings and stay safe around trains.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line or route and across the network by subscribing to our weekly travel update email.