News and events
Travelling in Victoria > App
The new PTV app is here
06 Oct 2020
We’ve completely re-built the PTV app to improve its usability and provide a better experience for the 4 million customers who use the app each year.
The new PTV app has a cleaner, clearer and more intuitive design, making it much easier for users to find and personalise the information they need.
Journey planning features have been enhanced to include fare information, dynamic mapping and better integrated disruption information to help passengers plan all aspects of their journey.
The new app is also fully accessible - including a large font view and voice over capability – so customers with accessibility requirements will no longer need to use a separate app.
Other improvements to the app include:
- See stations, stops, myki retailers near to me or near to a location
- myki fare estimates for a journey plan
- Easy navigation to earlier/later services when planning a journey
- Route numbers are visible within journey planner
- Quick access to myki top up and outlet locations
- Save a favourite location (eg. ‘Home’, ‘Work’)
- See and receive travel alerts relating to a particular stop/station or route
If a customer already has the app installed on their device, it will automatically update if that setting is enabled on their phone. Otherwise, customers will receive a prompt to update the app.
For more information and to download the new PTV app, see Mobile apps.