News and events
Free travel for Victorian Veterans and War Widows during Veterans’ Health Week 2022
01 Oct 2022
Victorian Veterans and War Widows are eligible for free travel during Veterans’ Health Week from Saturday 1 October to Sunday 9 October 2022.
This covers all public transport in Victoria, including:
- Melbourne’s trains, trams and buses
- Regional trains, coaches and buses (including regional town buses and intertown buses)
Seats must be reserved on long distance V/Line trains and some coaches at least one day prior to travel. Free travel is only available in Economy Class. To book a seat, call us on 1800 800 007.
Veterans Concession myki card holders or EDA/TPI or War Veterans or War Widow Free Travel Pass holders should touch on and off as normal. No fare will be charged during the free travel week.
Veterans using any other ticket type (eg. a Seniors myki, mobile myki) should show one of the below listed forms of identification to access free travel and should not touch on or touch off with their myki.
Veterans and War Widows simply need to travel with one of the below forms of identification:
- wear their uniform
- wear their service medals
- wear an ex-service association or returned from active service or War Widows badge
- present their DVA gold or white card
- present their category V Victorian public transport concession card