Bendigo Metro Rail and a new bus network
Added: 14 January 2016
Bendigo Metro Rail
From Sunday 31 January, Bendigo will benefit from the introduction of the Bendigo Metro Rail and a new and better bus network, offering greater choice of train and bus services.
The first stage of Bendigo Metro Rail will bring more frequent trains to Eaglehawk, Epsom and Kangaroo Flat stations, so you can catch the train closer to your home.
All weekday trains will stop at Kangaroo Flat, with five more return services to be provided from Epsom and one extra from Eaglehawk.
Key features of the new train network include:
- Weekday services to and from Epsom will increase from 4 to 14 services a day
- Weekday services to and from Eaglehawk will increase from 9 to 10 services a day
- A new AM off peak and a new PM peak service added to the Bendigo line to meet with demand
- The redesigned bus network will provide additional early morning buses that connect with trains to Melbourne.
The delivery of the Bendigo Metro Rail project has been coordinated with the new Bendigo bus network to ensure bus services are better connected with V/Line services on the Bendigo line.
Download the new Bendigo V/Line timetable effective 31 January 2016 (PDF) 400kB
For more information, see Bendigo Metro Rail Project.
Bendigo bus network
Bendigo’s new bus network, will provide more frequent, coordinated and direct services to more places in Bendigo and surrounding areas.
The new network, which will start on 31 January 2016, delivers new and improved services for Spring Gully, Huntly, Eaglehawk, Jackass Flat and Epsom.
Key features will include:
- A new cross town service will run from Huntly to Kangaroo Flat, and a new route will run to Jackass Flat and service growth areas in Strathfieldsaye and Huntly.
- Buses will be better coordinated with trains, and three routes will run to La Trobe University, including a new direct and frequent service from Bendigo Station.
- Buses will run every 30-60 minutes on most routes, but a more frequent service will run between Bendigo and Eaglehawk town centre every 15 minutes on weekdays.
- The new Bendigo bus network is the product of extensive community consultation, to ensure services meet the needs of local residents now, and in the future.
Click on the links below to see timetable information for your route.
- Route 5: Huntly to Kangaroo Flat via Bendigo Station
- Route 50: Bendigo Station to Epsom
- Route 51: Bendigo Station to Eaglehawk via Jackass Flat
- Route 52: Bendigo Station to Eaglehawk Station via Arnold Street
- Route 53: Bendigo Station to Eaglehawk via Eaglehawk Road
- Route 54: Bendigo Station to Maiden Gully
- Route 55: Bendigo Station to Kangaroo Flat
- Route 60: Bendigo Station to East Bendigo
- Route 61: Bendigo Station to La Trobe University via Stathdale
- Route 62: Bendigo Station to Spring Gully via La Trobe University
- Route 63: La Trobe University to Bendigo Station
- Route 64: Bendigo Station to Golden Square via Quarry Hill
- Route 65: Bendigo Station to Spring Gully
- Route 70: Bendigo Station to Strathfieldsaye
Download the Bendigo bus network map (PDF) 1.4MB
For further information, see A new better bus network for Bendigo.
NOTE: This page originally contained links to other pages/websites that are no longer active and have been removed.