News and events
News > Buses
New Chadstone Bus Interchange
31 Jul 2015
As part of the redevelopment of Chadstone Shopping Centre, a new bus interchange and taxi rank has had the ribbon cut and is set to open. The new interchange will no longer open on Wednesday 5 August, but instead open on Monday 10 August.
At least one million passengers will use the bus interchange every year once it opens to the public on Monday 10 August, providing shoppers with a central point to access Chadstone Shopping Centre from an extensive network of 14 bus lines connecting to the suburban train network and Melbourne’s east and south.
The interchange will provide shoppers with a central point to access Chadstone Shopping Centre, with a network of 14 bus routes connecting to the suburban train network and Melbourne’s east and south.
The interchange is weather-protected with ample seating, CCTV, canopy heating and real-time electronic signage for commuters (where available), and will accompany new bus priority lanes and signals installed along Dandenong Road. It was designed based on world’s best practice and will capture rainwater off the roof canopy for reuse via a rainwater tank for toilet flushing, gardens and landscaping irrigation.
The interchange will be the central point to board the following buses:
- 612 - Box Hill - Chadstone
- 623 - Glen Waverley - St Kilda
- 624 - Kew - Oakliegh
- 625 - Elsternwick - Chadstone
- 626 - Middle Brighton - Chadstone
- 742 - Eastland - Chadstone
- 767 - Southland - Box Hill
- 800 - Dandenong - Chadstone via Princes Highway
- 802 - Dandenong - Chadstone via Mulgrave
- 804 - Dandenong - Chadstone via Wheelers Hill
- 822 - Chadstone - Sandringham
- 862 - Dandenong - Chadstone
- 900 - Rowville - Caulfield
- 903 - Altona - Mordialloc