New stations and more services for regional Victoria from 12 October
Added: 24 September 2014
From Sunday 12 October, public transport improvements will begin in regional Victoria.
- New V/Line station opens at Waurn Ponds
- New V/Line station opens at Epsom
- Extra services at Eaglehawk
- New weekday service from Shepparton
- Geelong bus changes to service Waurn Ponds Station
Services begin at new Waurn Ponds Station
Waurn Ponds Station will open on Sunday 12 October, 2014.
Waurn Ponds Station provides easy access to the Surf Coast, Torquay and Geelong’s fast expanding southern suburbs.
The Waurn Ponds train timetable will have:
- More than 100 return services a week
- Four morning peak services
- Three afternoon peak services
- Trains almost hourly throughout the day and on weekends
- Bus Routes 14 and 19 will be extended to provide connections to Waurn Ponds Station from the surrounding areas including Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre and Deakin University.
To travel between Waurn Ponds and Geelong or Melbourne, customers are reminded to top up their myki and touch on and touch off at the start and end of each journey to pay the correct fare. For travel from Waurn Ponds to stations on the Warrnambool line, a V/Line paper ticket is required.
Find out more about Waurn Ponds Station and their community open day
Services begin at new Epsom Station
Epsom Station will open on Sunday 12 October 2014.
The new Epsom Station will provide locals with a passenger rail connection directly to and from Melbourne for the first time in over 40 years.
Four services a day will stop at the new Epsom Station. Bus Route 10 will be adjusted to provide a connection to Epsom Station
To travel between Epsom and Melbourne on the Bendigo line, customers are reminded to top up their myki and touch on and touch off at the start and end of each journey to pay the correct fare. For travel from Epsom to stations on the Echuca line, a V/Line paper ticket is required and can be purchased on board.
Find out more about Epsom Station and their community open day
Extra services at Eaglehawk Station
The Epsom and Eaglehawk Rail Improvements project made changes to Eaglehawk Station to increase peak services.
From Sunday 12 October, Eaglehawk Station will have a new timetable providing:
- One additional morning service departing Eaglehawk at 6.22am
- One additional afternoon service extending to Eaglehawk, departing Melbourne at 4.23pm.
Find out more about the Epsom and Eaglehawk Rail Improvements project
New weekday service from Shepparton
Shepparton passengers will benefit from a new weekday train service from Shepparton to Southern Cross Station, arriving in Melbourne by 8am.
The new V/Line service will depart Shepparton at 5.15am and arrive in Melbourne at 7.59am. It will stop all stations between Shepparton and Southern Cross.
Regional bus services
- Route 14 will service the new Waurn Ponds Station with some changes in the Grovedale area, operating further along Heyers Road instead of Moruya Drive, and travelling the full length of Glouchester Street.
- Route 19 will be extended to the new Waurn Ponds Station, via Monterey Drive, Ghazeepore Road and Sugargum Drive. It will operate along parts of Burdoo Drive and Pioneer Road previously serviced by Route 14. Route 19 will travel to Waurn Ponds Station instead of Marshall Station.
- Route 34 will have some changes to expand coverage for the growing area west of Grantham Drive in Highton. It will travel further along Grantham Drive to Province Boulevard.
- Bus routes in the Geelong area will have revised timetables to accommodate the new V/Line train timetable. Passengers should check their timetables before travelling.
|Download the Geelong bus network map PDF (1.05 MB)|
|Geelong bus route timetables|
|Route 14 Geelong City - Deakin University via Waurn Ponds Station (from 12 October 2014)
|Route 19 Geelong Station - Deakin University via Waurn Ponds Station (from 12 October 2014)
|Route 34 Geelong City - Buckley Falls (from 12 October 2014)