PTV statement on timetable delay
Added: 28 January 2016
Public Transport Victoria (PTV) will to continue to work with V/Line to ensure services are returned to normal as quickly as possible.
While the V/Line train timetable adjustment, including Bendigo Metro Rail, will be deferred until further notice, timetable changes for the new Bendigo bus network and other bus networks across Victoria, will go ahead as planned on 31 January and 1 February.
Bendigo’s new bus network will provide more frequent, coordinated and direct services to more places in Bendigo and surrounding areas.
The new network delivers new and improved services for Spring Gully, Huntly, Eaglehawk, Jackass Flat and Epsom.
Key features include:
- A new cross town service will run from Huntly to Kangaroo Flat, and a new route will run to Jackass Flat and service growth areas in Strathfieldsaye and Huntly.
- Buses will be better coordinated including a new direct and frequent service from Bendigo Station and three routes will run to La Trobe University.
- Buses will run every 30-60 minutes on most routes, but a more frequent service will run between Bendigo and Eaglehawk town centre every 15 minutes on weekdays.
- The new Bendigo bus network is the product of extensive community consultation, to ensure services meet the needs of local residents now, and in the future.
The following bus service timetable adjustments will also be deferred until further notice.
- Gisborne - Gisborne Station
- Swan Hill - Tooleybuc via Nyah West
- Cowes - Wonthaggi via Anderson
Other bus network changes that will go ahead include:
Wyndham – Minor timetable changes to routes 150, 151 160, 167, 180 and 192
Geelong and Lara – Revised routes 10, 11, 12, 41 and 42
Geelong – Minor timetable changes to 12 routes across the Geelong bus network including 1, 22, 30, 31, 32, 40, 50, 51, 55 ,56, 60 and 61
Customers are advised that the deferred implementation of adjusted V/Line train timetables may result in reduced and increased connection times between trains and buses.
Customers travelling on the V/Line network are reminded free travel has been extended to the last service Sunday 7 February 2016, as a courtesy to customers who have experienced ongoing disruptions on the V/line network.
Customers are advised to continue to check the PTV and V/Line websites for up to date information on the restoration of V/Line services and future timetable adjustment.