Ararat, Ballarat and Maryborough lines: Coaches replacing trains from Monday 24 June to Sunday 7 July 2019
Added: 31 May 2019
Coaches replace trains between Southern Cross and Ballarat/Wendouree from Monday 24 June to Sunday 7 July, due to Ballarat Line Upgrade works. Coaches replace Ararat trains for the full journey on Saturday 29 June.
Journey times may increase by up to 45 minutes.
Wendouree and Ballarat
All trains between Southern Cross and Wendouree/Ballarat will be replaced by coaches.
Coaches replace trains to/from Ararat for the entire journey on Saturday 29 June. Trains will continue to run between Ballarat and Ararat for the remainder of the disruption, connecting with coaches to and from Melbourne.
Southern Cross to Maryborough train services will be replaced by coaches to Ballarat and connect with a train for the remainder of the journey.
Maryborough to Southern Cross train services will operate to Ballarat and connect with a coach service for the remainder of the journey.
- There is limited space for bikes on V/Line trains and coach replacement services
- No pets or hot food allowed on replacement coaches
- In Melbourne, coaches will arrive and depart from:
- The Southern Cross Station coach terminal located on Spencer Street, opposite Little Bourke Street
- Passengers needing special assistance, please call 1800 800 007 before travelling.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line/route and across the network by subscribing to our weekly travel update email.
Follow us on social media
Updated 11:50am, 24th June