Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines: Coaches replace trains from Saturday 21 September to Wednesday 25 September 2019
Added: 10 September 2019
Road coaches replace all trains on the Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines from Saturday 21 September to Wednesday 25 September 2019, as part of the Spring Construction Blitz.
Journey times may increase by up to 90 minutes.
Special Coaches to Parliament
Special coaches will run on weekdays direct from Warragul to Drouin and then to Parliament Station during the morning peak, returning from Parliament to Drouin and Warragul in the afternoon peak.
Morning coaches will also stop at Southern Cross after dropping passengers off at Parliament Station.
Services will be replaced by a mix of express, semi-express and stopping all stations. Please refer to the temporary timetable above for individual service information.
There are limited services to Melbourne which pick up passengers at Pakenham and limited services from Melbourne which drop off passengers at Pakenham.
Passengers travelling solely between Pakenham and Melbourne please use a metropolitan service. Services will still be available for passengers travelling between Pakenham and Gippsland.
Test trains and track machinery will still run along the Traralgon and Bairnsdale lines so always obey the warning signs at level crossings and stay safe around trains.
- There is limited space for bikes on V/Line trains and coach replacement services.
- No pets or hot food allowed on replacement coaches.
- In Melbourne, coaches will arrive and depart from:
- The Southern Cross Station coach terminal located on Spencer Street, opposite Little Bourke Street
- Coaches do not stop at Clayton Station. Passengers can take a metropolitan train to and from Dandenong Station.
- Coaches do not stop at Richmond Station. Passengers can take a metropolitan train to and from Flinders Street or Caulfield stations.
- Passengers needing special assistance, please call 1800 800 007 before travelling.
- To plan your route, use Journey planner.
- Download our mobile apps for Android and iOS to get public transport information on the go.
- If you need accessibility information, see Accessibility.
- If you need help or a question answered, call us on 1800 800 007.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line or route and across the network by subscribing to our weekly travel update email.
Follow us on social media
Updated 03:35pm, 10th September