Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines: Coaches replace trains from Saturday 6 July to Sunday 14 July 2019
Added: 6 June 2019
Road coaches replace all trains on the Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines for the full journey from Saturday 6 July to Sunday 14 July 2019, due to works.
Services will be replaced by a mix of express, semi-express and stopping all stations coaches and temporary timetables will be available closer to the date.
Journey times may increase by up to 60 minutes.
More information will follow closer to the date.
For more information about Gippsland Line major improvement works you can visit our Gippsland Line: Six-month works outlook.
Saturday 6 July to Sunday 14 July
All Bairnsdale and Traralgon trains are replaced by road coaches for the entire journey.
- There is limited space for bikes on V/Line trains and coach replacement services.
- No pets or hot food allowed on replacement coaches.
- In Melbourne, coaches will arrive and depart from:
- The Southern Cross Station coach terminal located on Spencer Street, opposite Little Bourke Street
- Due to station improvement works, coaches do not stop at Flinders Street Station after 8pm from Sunday to Thursday nights each week. Passengers should take a metropolitan train to and from Southern Cross Station.
- Coaches do not stop at Clayton Station. Passengers can take a metropolitan train to and from Dandenong Station.
- Coaches do not stop at Richmond Station. Passengers can take a metropolitan train to and from Flinders Street or Caulfield stations.
- Passengers needing special assistance, please call 1800 800 007 before travelling.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line/route and across the network by subscribing to our weekly travel update email.
Follow us on social media
Updated 03:06pm, 12th June