Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines: Coaches replace trains between Southern Cross and Pakenham from 6.15pm Friday 25 January to Sunday 27 January 2019
Added: 8 January 2019
Due to track works on the Traralgon and Bairnsdale lines, coaches will replace trains on the evening of Friday 25 January, and from first service Saturday 26 January to last service Sunday 27 January 2019.
Friday 25 January
Passengers will travel by train to Pakenham and then connect with road coaches on the following services:
- 6.16pm Bairnsdale to Southern Cross
- 6.51pm Traralgon to Southern Cross
- 7.45pm Traralgon to Southern Cross
- 8.21pm Traralgon to Southern Cross
Passengers will travel by road coach to Pakenham and then connect with trains on the following services:
- 8.34pm Southern Cross to Traralgon
- 9.54pm Southern Cross to Traralgon
- 11.01pm Southern Cross to Traralgon
- 11.59pm Southern Cross to Traralgon
Saturday 26 January and Sunday 27 January
All trains are replaced by road coaches between Melbourne and Pakenham, with connecting trains to Traralgon/Sale/Bairnsdale.
- In Melbourne, coaches arrive and depart from:
- The Southern Cross Station coach terminal is located on Spencer Street, opposite Little Bourke Street;
- Flinders Street Station on Flinders Street, opposite Degraves Street.
- Coaches won't stop at Clayton Station. Please catch a metropolitan service to and from Dandenong Station.
- Coaches won't stop at Richmond Station. Please catch a metropolitan service to and from Southern Cross Station or Caulfield.
- There's limited space for bikes on replacement coaches.
- Please don't take pets or hot food on replacement coaches.
- If you need special assistance, please call 1800 800 007 before travelling.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line/route and across the network by subscribing to our weekly travel update email.
Follow us on social media
Updated 05:49pm, 22nd January