Essendon Station: Temporary car park closures from Friday 21 December to late 2019
Added: 12 June 2018
Essendon Station will be affected by long term car space closures from Friday 21 December 2018 to late 2019, and temporary and intermittent closures of the central underpass from Wednesday 13 February to Friday 15 February 2019, due to works as part of the Buckley Street Level Crossing Removal Project.
From Friday 21 December 2018:
- Approximately 184 parking spaces will be returned to passengers in Russell Street
- Approximately 166 spaces will be available in the Rose Street car park
- Approximately 59 spaces will be available in the Sherbourne Street car park
- The existing alternative car park of up to 100 parking spaces at Moreland Station will remain open for use
- Approximately 43 car spaces in the Russell Street car park will remain temporarily closed until late 2019
Further spaces around the station precinct will be returned progressively throughout 2019.
Download brochures below for maps of the affected areas
- Download changes to Essendon Station car park information (PDF) 744kB
- Download Moreland Station alternative car park information (PDF) 176kB
Wednesday 13 February, from 7am-3pm
Intermittent closures of alternating entrances to the central underpass will take place to allow for high pressure cleaning. Passengers requiring ramp access in order to enter the station will be assisted by staff during this time.
Disruption sequence is as follows:
- 7am-9am Russell St ramp closed for cleaning
- 9am-11am Russell St stairs closed for cleaning
- 11am-1pm Rose St ramp closed for cleaning
- 1pm-3pm Rose St stairs for cleaning
Thursday 14 February – Friday 15 February, from 9am-3pm
- The Russell Street entrance to the Essendon Station central underpass will temporary close while workers install lighting to the newly upgraded central underpass entrances.
- Passengers will be detoured via northern underpass to then access the station from Rose Street.
- Passengers wishing to access Russell Street upon exiting the station will be required to exit onto Rose Street and then use the northern underpass to Russell Street.
Passengers are advised to observe any signage and safety instructions in place during these works.
- To plan your route, use journey planner.
- Download the free PTV mobile apps for Android and iOS and access public transport information on the go.
- Passengers requiring accessibility information, see Accessible transport.
- If you need help or a question answered, call us on 1800 800 007.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line/route and across the network by subscribing to our weekly travel update email.
Follow us on social media
Updated 11:33am, 11th February