Geelong and Warrnambool lines: Coaches replacing trains from Sunday 29 September to Friday 4 October 2019
Added: 27 August 2019
Trains on the Geelong and Warrnambool lines will be affected by temporary service alterations from first train on Sunday 29 September to last train on Friday 4 October 2019, due to works.
Please note: Coaches will not stop at Footscray Station. Passengers should travel to Southern Cross via coach then catch a Werribee or Williamstown train to Footscray.
A temporary timetable will be provided closer to the disruption.
- Train services will operate between Waurn Ponds and Sunshine
- Express buses will operate from Sunshine to Flagstaff Station
- Stopping all stations buses will operate from Sunshine to North Melbourne Station
V/Line passengers will share replacement buses with Sunbury line Metro passengers.
Wyndham Vale and Tarneit
- Trains will not stop at Wyndham Vale and Tarneit stations
- Express coaches will operate between Wyndham Vale, Tarneit, and Southern Cross Station
- Special coaches will run express from Tarneit and Wyndham Vale to Geelong in the morning peak
- A shuttle bus service will operate for all stations between Lara and Deer Park, to enable travel to and from other stations on the Geelong line
- Please note: Coaches will not stop at Footscray Station. Passengers can catch a Metro train to Footscray from Southern Cross on the Werribee or Williamstown lines.
- Road coaches will replace trains in both directions between Southern Cross and Warrnambool stations.
- Coaches will stop at Footscray to pick-up or drop off Warrnambool line passengers.
- There is limited space for bikes on V/Line trains and coach replacement services
- No pets or hot food allowed on replacement coaches
- In Melbourne, coaches will arrive and depart from:
- The Southern Cross Station coach terminal located on Spencer Street, opposite Little Bourke Street
- Passengers needing special assistance, please call 1800 800 007 before travelling.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line/route and across the network by subscribing to our weekly travel update email.
Follow us on social media
Updated 06:28pm, 3rd September