Route 86: Buses replace trams from 2am Saturday, 21 September to last tram Sunday 29 September 2019
Added: 6 September 2019
Buses replace trams between Stop 42 Dundas Street and Bundoora RMIT on Route 86 from 2am on Saturday, 21 September to last tram Sunday 29 September due to works on Plenty Road.
Route 86 trams run as Route 86a, with buses replacing trams between Stop 42 Dundas St and Bundoora RMIT.
Buses divert around the work zone and the following tram stops will not be serviced:
- Stop 43 Raglan Street (towards Bundoora)
- Stop 50 Sylvester Grove
- Stop 51 Wood Street
- Stop 52 Tyler Street
- Stop 53 Ethel Grove
- Stop 54 Wilkinson Street
- Stop 66 Settlement Road
Alternative travel options
If possible, avoid the area and consider alternative travel options for the duration of the works.
Pedestrian access will be limited. Please refer to signage around the work zone area to find the nearest replacement bus stop or pedestrian crossing.
Map of service changes
Passengers with accessibility needs please note: Information displayed in the map below is included above.
- The last accessible stop for Route 86 is Stop 31 Northcote Town Hall
Replacement buses are low-floor depending on availability. If you need assistance, please speak to our customer service team or alert your driver.
Travelling on rail-replacement bus services
Passengers with special needs are advised to contact their local train station in advance or ask staff at the replacement bus stops to organise travel.
For the safety and comfort of all passengers, there are restrictions on what you may take with you on buses.
- Take a conventional bike on a bus or tram (only folding bikes that meet the size criteria).
- Take an animal on a bus or tram unless it is in a suitable container. Exceptions apply for assistance dogs.
- Take a surfboard on a tram or a bus.
- To plan your route, use Journey planner.
- Download our mobile apps for Android and iOS to get public transport information on the go.
- If you need accessibility information, see Accessibility.
- If you need help or a question answered, call us on 1800 800 007.
Subscribe for weekly travel updates
Keep up to date with planned disruptions on your line or route and across the network by subscribing to our weekly travel update email.
Follow us on social media
Updated 12:38pm, 10th September