Better Bus Network
The $100 million Better Bus Network supports building a sustainable and more connected transport system for all Victorians.
The Better Bus Network will deliver:
- more buses to where they are needed
- buses running more often, and for longer hours in key areas
- improved access to trains, health services, education, businesses and retail precincts
- stronger bus networks in regional areas, supporting social and economic inclusion.
Key areas of focus for Better Bus Network are:
- Melbourne’s growth areas – improving and introducing new services in growing communities
- Regional areas – improving and expanding on buses already running and introducing new and improved routes in regional areas such as Geelong & Bellarine, Bendigo, Ballarat, Warragul and Drouin and Latrobe Valley
- University connections – providing better bus connections for university and school students.
The Better Bus Network is shaped by feedback from the community, transport operators, peak organisations, businesses and local and state government.
We have a number of ways community members can get involved including:
- Community consultation and information sessions
- briefings at health centres, schools, hospitals and aged care centres
- Get involved – PTV's online consultation space
- information available around the network including posters, flyers and maps
- local press, radio and digital advertising
- social media posts, online banners and emails
- through our call centre, 1800 800 007