Regional Rail Revival
The $1.7 billion Regional Rail Revival program is a joint initiative of the Australian and Victorian governments and will upgrade stations, signalling and track across Victoria.
Regional Rail Revival will deliver the infrastructure necessary to run more reliable and frequent train services for regional Victorians. The program includes:
- Ballarat Line Upgrade
- Bendigo Line Upgrade
- Geelong Line Upgrade
- Gippsland Line Upgrade
- North East Rail Corridor Upgrade
- Shepparton Line Upgrade
- Warrnambool Line Upgrade.
Regional Rail Revival will deliver:
- new and upgraded stations, track duplication, upgraded level and pedestrian crossings and signalling upgrades
- more than 1,000 jobs
- developing industry skills and growing local economies, through the Victorian Government’s Local Jobs First - Victorian Industry Participation Policy (VIPP)
- better connectivity from our regions to Melbourne and between regional centres
- more opportunities for regional Victorians to access jobs, education, healthcare and housing
- Victorian apprentices, trainees or engineering cadets as at least 10 per cent of the labour force under the Major Projects Skills Guarantee.
Melbourne Metro Rail Authority (MMRA) is responsible for the planning and implementation of the program on behalf of the State Government of Victoria.
For more information please visit the project website.