Health Care Card

Primary holders of a Health Care Card with a Victorian address can travel on concession fares.

Spouses and dependents named on the card are not eligible for concession fares.  Spouses and dependents however may be entitled to concession fares under another concession category (ie child, student with VPTCC).

Centrelink-issued 'Confirmation of Concession Card Entitlement Vouchers' can be used as proof of entitlement for concession fares on public transport while your Health Care Card application is being processed.

For more information on applying for Health Care Cards, visit

Centrelink concession cards – Digital Wallet  

Digital Wallet is a feature on Centrelink Express Plus mobile apps enabling customers to use their smart device as an alternative to physical concession cards.

Please note: Both the digital wallet and the physical card are acceptable as proof of eligibility for concession fares on public transport.

For more information of the Digital Wallet, contact Centrelink or visit