War Veterans / War Widow(er)s

The War Veterans/War Widow(er)s concession myki with photograph is for customers who meet the criteria below and who are not eligible for any other form of transport concession.

Note: if you hold one of the cards below, you are automatically eligible for concession fares and not need to apply for the War Veteran/Widow(er)s concession myki.

  • Victorian Seniors Card
  • Victorian Health Care Card
  • Australian Pensioner Concession Card
  • Victorian public transport free travel pass
  • any other concession card valid for concession.

War Veteran Eligibility Criteria

The War Veteran concession myki is available to War Veterans who:

  • reside in Victoria, and
  • have documentary evidence of  war or/peacemaking service overseas, and
  • hold a Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold or White Card or documented evidence of ongoing compensation or a lump sum payment from DVA for an injury/illness related to this service at the time of this application.

War Widow(er) Eligibility Criteria

The War Widow concession myki is available to Victorian War Widow(er)s who:

  • reside in Victoria, and
  • hold a DVA Gold Card embossed “War Widow(er)”, and
  • have their partner’s documentary evidence of overseas war service (photocopy to be supplied).

How to apply

Complete the  application form and post to:

War Veterans/Widow(er)s Concession Card
PO Box 4724

Download a War Veteran/War Widow(er) application form via the link below:

War Veteran/War Widow(er) concession myki application form (PDF) 115kB

War Veteran/War Widow(er) concession myki application form - accessible version (RTF) 1.23MB

or call Public Transport Victoria on 1800 800 007 for the form to be posted to you.