Tertiary students

If you're a Victorian tertiary student studying a full time undergraduate course on campus, you can apply for a PTV Tertiary Student ID. This allows you to use a Concession myki.

Your course and education institution must be listed in the Register of Approved Courses in Tertiary Institutions.


PTV Tertiary Student ID holders receive a 50 per cent discount on travel.


To obtain a PTV Tertiary Student ID you must be:

  • attending a normal course of full-time study at an Institution registered with the Victorian Department of Education and Training as shown in the PTV Register of Approved Courses in Tertiary Institutions; and
  • a citizen or permanent resident of Australia (Special Category Visa holders excluded); student with refugee status; student studying as part of an approved overseas exchange program; or student holding an Australia Awards Scholarship.

Unfortunately, you're not eligible for a PTV Tertiary Student ID if you are:

  • enrolled in a Masters, Doctorate, or other postgraduate course
  • an overseas full-fee paying student (primary, secondary or tertiary)
  • enrolled in a tertiary course which is less than 10 weeks duration
  • enrolled in an apprenticeship course
  • enrolled in an off-campus course
  • not studying full time.

Postgraduate or part-time students

If you're a postgraduate or part-time student, you're not eligible for concession fares. However, if you're on a low income, you may be eligible for a Health Care Card. This card provides concessions on public transport.

International students

If you're an international student, you can buy an iUSEpass which gives you a 50 per cent discount on your annual myki. 

Applying for a PTV Tertiary ID

Complete the PTV Tertiary Student ID form below: