If you're a Victorian tertiary student studying a full time undergraduate course on campus, you can apply for a PTV Tertiary Student ID. This allows you to use a Concession myki.
Your education institution must be listed in the approved tertiary institutions register.
PTV Tertiary Student ID holders receive a 50 per cent discount on travel.
To obtain a PTV Tertiary Student ID you must be:
- attending a normal course of full-time study at an Institution registered with the Victorian Department of Education & Training as shown in the PTV Approved Courses in Tertiary Institutions Register; and
- a citizen or permanent resident of Australia (Special Category Visa holders excluded), students with refugee status; students studying as part of an approved overseas exchange program; and, students holding an Australia Awards Scholarship.
Unfortunately, you are not eligible for a PTV Tertiary Student ID if you are:
- enrolled in a Masters, Doctorate, or other postgraduate course
- an overseas full-fee paying student (primary, secondary or tertiary)
- enrolled in a tertiary course which is less than 10 weeks duration
- enrolled in an apprenticeship course
- enrolled in an off-campus course
- not studying full-time.
Postgraduate or part-time students
If you're a postgraduate or part-time student, you're not eligible for concession fares. However, if you're on a low income, you may be eligible for a Health Care Card. This card provides concessions on public transport.
If you're an international student, you can buy an iUSEpass which gives you a 50 per cent discount on your annual myki.
Applying for a PTV Tertiary ID
Complete the PTV Tertiary Student ID form below: