Extreme Disability Adjustment/Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (EDA/TPI) Ex-service Personnel Pass


If you hold one of these travel passes, you can travel for free on:

  • Melbourne metropolitan trains, trams and buses
  • V/Line services
  • Regional town buses
  • Regional services that have a contract or service agreement with Public Transport Victoria.

Free travel passes can't be used for NSW TrainLink, Great Southern Railway, airport services and tourist railways. Please check with the relevant operator before booking or travelling.

Pass holders aren't required to touch on and off, but must show the card to public transport staff when requested.

You must carry your Free Travel Pass with you at all times while travelling on Victoria's public transport network.


To be eligible you must:

  • hold a Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Gold Card embossed with EDA or TPI (Extreme Disablement Adjustment or Totally and Permanently Incapacitated)
  • be a Victorian resident.

If you're not eligible for this pass, you may be eligible for a War Veteran’s concession myki.


Download the Victorian EDA/TPI Ex-service Personnel Pass application form below or call PTV on 1800 800 007 for the form to be posted to you.

Download the Victorian EDA/TPI Ex-service Personnel Pass application form (PDF) 313kB

Download the Victorian EDA/TPI Ex-service Personnel Pass application form - accessible version (DOCX) 25kB

Visiting interstate EDA/TPI veterans

Visiting interstate EDA/TPI veterans can enjoy free state-wide public transport. If you meet the criteria, you’ll be given a paper pass to be used as a flash pass to enter and exit gates and show to customer service staff if requested.

You can apply in person at the PTV Hub at 750 Collins Street, Docklands

Please bring with you:

  • dates of stay in Victoria
  • a colour copy of your DVA EDA/TPI embossed Gold Card
  • a copy of your documentary evidence of your overseas war/peacekeeping service
  • colour copy of photo identification e.g. driver's licence