Scooter and Wheelchair Travel Pass
If you hold a Scooter and Wheelchair Travel Pass, you can travel for free on:
- Melbourne metropolitan trains, trams and buses
- V/Line services
- Regional town buses
- Regional services that have a contract or service agreement with Public Transport Victoria.
Free travel passes can't be used for NSW TrainLink, Great Southern Railway, airport services and tourist railways. Please check with the relevant operator before booking or travelling.
Pass holders aren't required to touch on and off, but must show the card to public transport staff when requested.
You must carry your Free Travel Pass with you at all times while travelling on Victoria's public transport network.
To be eligible for the Scooter and Wheelchair Travel Pass you must:
- have a permanent and severe disability
- depend on a scooter or wheelchair for mobility outside the home
- be a Victorian resident.
If you're a scooter or wheelchair user, you must have your dependence on a scooter or wheelchair certified by a general practitioner or specialist. They must declare that due to the permanent and severe disability (being for the term of your life and not expected to improve), you depend on the scooter for mobility outside the home.
If you're not eligible for the Scooter and Wheelchair Travel Pass, you may be eligible for:
Conditions of travel
If you're travelling with a scooter or wheelchair on a V/Line service, you need to book 24 hours in advance as space may be limited.
Download the Scooter and Wheelchair Travel Pass application form:
- Scooter and Wheelchair Travel Pass Application Form (PDF) 342kB
- The accessible version will be available soon