War Veteran's Travel Pass
If you hold a War Veteran's Travel Pass, you can travel for free on:
- Melbourne metropolitan trains, trams and buses
- V/Line services
- Regional town buses
- Regional services that have a contract or service agreement with Public Transport Victoria.
Free travel passes can't be used for NSW TrainLink, Great Southern Railway, airport services and tourist railways. Please check with the relevant operator before booking or travelling.
You still need to touch on and off, and show your pass to public transport staff when requested.
You must carry your Free Travel Pass with you at all times while travelling on Victoria's public transport network.
The War Veteran Travel Pass is available to Victorian war veterans who:
- have documentary evidence of their overseas war or/peacemaking service, and
- provide one of the following:
- a Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Gold or White Card, or
- evidence of lump or ongoing compensation from DVA for an injury/illness related to this service,
- have their treating doctor sign the application form confirming the illness/injury is due to service and that mobility is significantly limited, and
- are a permanent Victorian resident.
Apply for the pass
Download the War Veterans Travel Pass application form below:
- War Veterans Travel Pass application form (PDF) 337kB