The Day Pass is a paper ticket that gives you one day of free travel.
You can use it on:
- all public transport in zones 1 and 2
- regional buses that use myki
- Mornington Peninsula buses.
A Day Pass can’t be used on V/Line services outside metropolitan Melbourne (zones 1 and 2).
A Day Pass is issued by:
- a community service organisation or charity, authorised by PTV
- in exchange for a free travel voucher
- the driver of bus routes 787 or 788 to a customer presenting their Victorian Seniors Card (for a fare of $4.10).
Conditions of use
- The Day Pass is valid on the day, month and year marked.
- You can't use a Day Pass if more than one date is marked, or if the day, month or year is missing.
- You can request your Day Pass to be validated for a future date, if exchanged before the date of travel.
- If your Day Pass is validated incorrectly, take it back to the place of issue.
- When passing through a staffed ticket barrier, you need to show your Day Pass to the barrier attendant.
- When travelling on a bus, you need to show your Day Pass to the driver.
- You need to carry your Day Pass with you for your entire journey.
- A lost or stolen Day Pass can't be replaced.